We Can't Go Back to Just Being Friends. - Oneshot

Group Leader
@FeelTheBirdie
Unfortunately this is only a oneshot, but I encourage you follow Suzuki-senpai on Twitter, as they've said they'll be doing digital downloads of their works in English!

And I'll be translating more yuri as I find it, so keep an eye on my page here on MangaDex (or follow me on Twitter) ;D

Whoa, this got an extension! The previously translated version was up to page 17. It's nice to see a little more of their story. Super cute!

Group Leader
@Nucifera
Someone on Reddit mentioned having seen this before, so I'm assuming that's what they were referring to. If I might ask, could you link where you saw it? I didn't see it on MangaDex when I first checked.

Dex-chan lover
i've always thought about this because its used often in manga/ anime
but who on earth looks at someone crying and thinks to themselves
you look cute

@kris

This is it. Your translation seems way more faithful to the original text, so thank you for that. Something rubs me the wrong way about translators who seem to think they know the author's own work better than the author themselves, especially when they throw in slang that'll just make it looked dated really quickly. Plus you got permission to do this. You the real MVP.

Dex-chan lover
I saw this on dynasty
Still fucking cute and sweet and wonderful
And god damn it why can't this be a fucking series
I'm mad all over again
Captureknknkjnj.jpg

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn.

Group Leader
@Kellizer-Levvit
Thanks for the link!
And having read the previously uploaded pages, I would agree. And I do tend to stick closer to the Japanese in my translations (sometimes too closely...).
I definitely feel the style that they were going for, but it's a decent distance (imo) from the original character voices.

Thanks for reading!

Double-page supporter
Mangadex needs a proper heart emoji.

So I can spam ALL the heart emojis. <3

@kris Sorry for the late reply! It was on DynastyScans that I saw it way back when. It was translated by Sexy Akiba Detective Translations.

Users who are viewing this thread