We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - A Good Life

Fed-Kun's army
If philosophy, ethics, whatever, all liberal arts weren't so useless in life (degrees/jobs), I would spend my entire life studying them.

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh, this can actually tackle religion.
When I was still a child my parents always teach me to pray everyday, talk to god when I have a problem and I even carry a rosario everyday. At first it feels a bit fcking weird but the more I do it the more it feels real that I even got angry when other people talk bad about it.
After growing up and start questioning fcking everything, I realize that things like nature, objects and superstition will feel real the more you interact with it. Like how this girl think that the stuff doll is alive because she spends more and more time interacting with it.

Group Leader
@WEABOB Ikr I've been listening to philosophy related podcasts ir videos recently, and planning to take it as an elective class next school year as well

Check Philosophize This by Stephen West. The podcast summarize philosophy to his understanding and I think he did a really good job.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... As long as she doesn't bother anyone I don't think anyone should give a fuck about if she likes a doll or not.
But again there's always people who like to hurt others for fun on hearth so she's gonna have a rough one.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... I appreciate how he handled it. But still I'd fear it fell a bit short.

Definetly accomodate and make sure the miss is confortable with her situation. Did good there.

And yet. Her behaviour could harm her development, either by making herself more isolated and/or ostracizing her further from the people around her.

So, y'know, acnowledge and respect her attachment to ryuu and how it support her emotionally. But also point out how Ryuu as her friend would probably be happy if she got even more friends, and would be sad that she's too distracted and embarassed about him to reach out to other people.

And since this is apparently the standard of his life lessons, here's a quote to go with it

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anais Nin

I just find it very interesting that his first thought was that the doll was a part of her soul aka a reflection of her thoughts and what she wanted and needed to hear from someone, rather than that she’s crazy, which most other people would think. I liked how he commented on how fascinating the brain was because he really understood why she was hearing the voice in her head. But hopefully having him understand and empathise with her instead of shutting her down, she’s able to open up to others and won’t have to rely on the doll in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread