We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Ordinary Person

Dex-chan lover
@Equilibrium
Your comment doesn't address much (if anything) of what I stated. The entirety of it seems to be based on some assumption of yours about me, and taking the least flattering interpretation of my words. Forget that 1) doesn't address anything that I said, 2) is you arguing against a statement that you made (or possibly you trying to put words in my mouth). For 3) you even seem to be aware of the answer to your own question. I am not even going to bother engaging you, considering what I perceive as blatant intellectual dishonesty from your side right off the get go - it's a bad recipe for a good discussion.

Dex-chan lover
@Equilibrium You're in no position to make any demands. Though I must thank you for clearing my remaining doubts as to whether you would have indeed argued in bad faith. I believe this is pretty clear, with this latest comment of yours.
I should also note that it is quite ironic that you're being intellectually dishonest on a comment section of a manga whose title includes the word ethics.

Dex-chan lover
Ignoring my points and straight up insulting me for asking clarification, now who is dishonest here I wonder?
If you can't handle civilized discourse and criticism then you shouldn't post here.

What is this dumb meme that deep = good? If it's shallow, but provokes self-reflection on a topic (agreeing or disagreeing with the manga perspective), who cares? No shit ethics cant be captured in a picture book having tens of pages devoted to a topic. Deep seems to be mistaken for subtle more often than not anyways. Are the scenarios over the top? Sure, though I know several people that have done exactly the same as this guy for very similar reasons.

I'd actually argue what makes it excessive is just the density of occurrences stringed together, kind of like murders in Detective Conan or Kindaichi (kinda get why that turns some people off, tbh).

Truck-kun fail to isekai someone and only left victim with concussion?

truck-kun has become soft :)

@criver Ahh.. I understand where you're coming from. I feel that the events seems overdramatic and artificial, because each plots/topics explored are squeezed in just a single chapter each. Though, I think the author did pretty well in that regard, explaining complicated topics in limited pages using layman terms. So something like Oyasumi Punpun, where several dark themes are explored in multiple volumes.. This manga would probably also be more enjoyable for ya if 3-5 chapters are devoted to a single topic/student.

This chapter stood out as being particularly stiff. What the kid feels and the gist of what the teacher says is on point but their interaction didn't feel real.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. This chapter was nice. Part of it was that, unlike the previous ones, it's light, no drama. But also the question of "who am I?" "Who do I want to be?" "Who is my road leading me to become?" are questions we all ask ourselves frequently, teenagers most of all. But also in a way, that small act of rebellion "I'm gonna beat that red light. I'm not gonna wait like everyone else. ", that tiny, ordinarily harmless assertion of individuality felt more than anything else real and close to home.

Or it could be just me idk

Aggregator gang
This chapter is based. It may not be the best chapter so far, but its topic of discussion is the definition of based. Killing yourself for the act of standing out or to not be ordinary regardless of people's opinions isn't a bad way to go out, however, you wouldn't stand out at all. You'd be in the news for a day, just like any other suicide. Which is why I'm not surprised there's so many shootings or stabbings and more where the attacker ends themselves right after, of course, the media tries to pinpoint an objective and a reason why they would do something so terrible and evil, but perhaps, it was just to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread