Webtoon Character Na Kang Lim - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
i hate this trope where mc supports and affirms girl striving for her dreams. might as well be crossdressing

somehow asians just see no contradiction between playing that trope straight and having the girl have a shy maiden side but only for the mc
Its just asian fetiches mixing up into their storytelling.

And if anything, this series states that the MC is in the wrong for expecting a superidealized version of her.

Dex-chan lover
If it were me, I'd say to noona that I'd marry her if she thinks it's that bad already lol

Aww man not this bs again where mc needs to choose to the brunette vs blonde smh, i hope brunette girl confess soon because her friend told her to act quick

Banned
So he is supposed to say fuck them and their thinking?
that's not the issue. here, the girl has been written to be "struggling for success in her field" and the boy has been written to be "watching her, noticing her emotional state and providing encouragement." this is an unnatural role reversal.

but besides that, he should say get out of that business, it destroys your soul and your ability to be a wife and mother

Group Leader
that's not the issue. here, the girl has been written to be "struggling for success in her field" and the boy has been written to be "watching her, noticing her emotional state and providing encouragement." this is an unnatural role reversal.

but besides that, he should say get out of that business, it destroys your soul and your ability to be a wife and mother
Oh you are a mysogynist then. That’s about all I need to know

So the dude couldn't remember a plot point about the main girl dying in the first fucking chapter but then remembers every quirk of a random director character that he admitted wasn't even important in the story. Very cool

Oh you are a mysogynist then. That’s about all I need to know
No he's right, you're just uninformed unlike him

I know you hate the facts but those are it. Human Trafficking, psychological damage to both men and women such that it becomes impossible to be a good husband or wife, and other horrific nonsense is riff in industries like that.

The amount of times they get married, cheat, divorced and various scandals are unnatural for the human and social psyche.

Its even worse in Japan from what I know.

Women like attention and are hypergamous by nature, it destroys them when millions of people are looking at them constantly, their husband's attention won't do it for them anymore and they start to see men like shopping products (This one has more mileage, this one is worth more, etc.)

And for the Men who like providing and protecting, restraint becomes impossible and their rifling through women like paper, and I don't need to explain the psychological damage (assuming they don't get STDs, though this also applies to the women)

There's so much more its not funny.

I didn't even get into the self esteem issues such as the 6 pac every man aims for and won't be able to achieve due to genetics for some if not most. Women starving themselves, PLASTIC SURGERY destroying their bodies the K pop stars being horrific examples of this, etc.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/psycho...ebrity-crushes-impact-childrens-health-358604

"We also see fancams — behind-the-scenes stuff of them recording for the shows — and sometimes we just see them passing out, fainting onstage," said the Toronto-based fan who goes by the name Ky on her YouTube channel. Online, her videos showcase her enthusiastically performing and spoofing the elaborate choreography of K-pop music videos alongside the idols.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/kpop-hard-life-1.4545627

A study of 1064 famous musicians, entitled, "Elvis to Eminem: Quantifying the price of fame through early mortality of European and North American rock and pop stars," found that from 3 to 25 years after first becoming famous, North American and European pop stars experienced significantly higher mortality — almost two times higher — than demographically matched populations in the U.S. and the United Kingdom.

While the study blamed elevated levels of stress, depression, and substance use for the higher death rates, the fact the higher mortality rate extended up to 25 years from the time they became famous suggested that longer-term risk factors, such as cardiovascular disease, may be initiated, perhaps by earlier unhealthy celebrity lifestyles.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/int...e-potentially-fatal-downsides-of-being-famous

Celebrities themselves are beholden to various contracts and shareholders and so forth, they end up promoting things they are told, not things that are actually good for the health of the people. Assuming they even know what it is they are promoting in the first place (https://systematicreviewsjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13643-016-0395-1)

While this is a story, so it shouldn't matter,
your comments and beliefs are simply incorrect in the face of real facts

Last edited:
Group Leader
No he's right, you're just uninformed unlike him

I know you hate the facts but those are it. Human Trafficking, psychological damage to both men and women such that it becomes impossible to be a good husband or wife, and other horrific nonsense is riff in industries like that.

The amount of times they get married, cheat, divorced and various scandals are unnatural for the human and social psyche.

Its even worse in Japan from what I know.

Women like attention and are hypergamous by nature, it destroys them when millions of people are looking at them constantly, their husband's attention won't do it for them anymore and they start to see men like shopping products (This one has more mileage, this one is worth more, etc.)

And for the Men who like providing and protecting, restraint becomes impossible and their rifling through women like paper, and I don't need to explain the psychological damage (assuming they don't get STDs, though this also applies to the women)

There's so much more its not funny.

I didn't even get into the self esteem issues such as the 6 pac every man aims for and won't be able to achieve due to genetics for some if not most. Women starving themselves, PLASTIC SURGERY destroying their bodies the K pop stars being horrific examples of this, etc.

https://www.medicaldaily.com/psycho...ebrity-crushes-impact-childrens-health-358604

"We also see fancams — behind-the-scenes stuff of them recording for the shows — and sometimes we just see them passing out, fainting onstage," said the Toronto-based fan who goes by the name Ky on her YouTube channel. Online, her videos showcase her enthusiastically performing and spoofing the elaborate choreography of K-pop music videos alongside the idols.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/kpop-hard-life-1.4545627

A study of 1064 famous musicians, entitled, "Elvis to Eminem: Quantifying the price of fame through early mortality of European and North American rock and pop stars," found that from 3 to 25 years after first becoming famous, North American and European pop stars experienced significantly higher mortality — almost two times higher — than demographically matched populations in the U.S. and the United Kingdom.

While the study blamed elevated levels of stress, depression, and substance use for the higher death rates, the fact the higher mortality rate extended up to 25 years from the time they became famous suggested that longer-term risk factors, such as cardiovascular disease, may be initiated, perhaps by earlier unhealthy celebrity lifestyles.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/int...e-potentially-fatal-downsides-of-being-famous

Celebrities themselves are beholden to various contracts and shareholders and so forth, they end up promoting things they are told, not things that are actually good for the health of the people. Assuming they even know what it is they are promoting in the first place (https://systematicreviewsjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13643-016-0395-1)

While this is a story, so it shouldn't matter,
your comments and beliefs are simply incorrect in the face of real facts
And you completely missed the point. Great job. I was replying to their comment about “unnatural role reversal”. That’s a thing called “gender essentialism” if you didn’t already know, and it undermines the value of women like we still live in feudal times or something.

Double-page supporter
I stopped watching Re Zero halfway through first season, not because I disliked it, but because I didnt know if you can get closure. Does the anime cover a full story now or is the Light Novel still ongoing / does the anime not cover everything?

Users who are viewing this thread