Welcome Back, Alice - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Fresh Start

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperOniichan You said you didn't want people speculating, but then speculated in the same comment. You worried if the author wasn't going to handle Kei well as a character because of how creepy/fetishistic their past works were. That's speculation of where the manga is going. And I agree with you. Kei's fixation on You-chan and the intense focus on sex in both chapters concerns me. That was the main point of my original comment. I'm cool with Kei being trans, or a crossdressing boy, or whatever else, as long as there is more to the story than sex.

So I'm glad we agree I guess, even if I don't really understand what you consider acceptable in regards to speculation.

Dex-chan lover
@mirewitch I triggered primarily because the question is "Kei trans or not?" began with the release of the very first chapter, when the only thing we knew was “Kei somewhat changed gender”. And it touched my annoyance to such speculation. Otherwise, up to this point, we had mostly yuri-focused bisexual triangles, with the possible exception of Aoi no Flag, so I really would not mind if this turned out to be a bisexual story with Otokonoko. This is certainly not ideal, but I like to watch how male-focused manga and anime study male sexuality.

@SuperOniichan IIRC, Oshimi said in some interview that his next manga was going to try and tackle a serious topic, so I don't get the impression he's taking the subject flippantly. Whether or not he'll succeed in doing something that isn't gross is another matter.

Double-page supporter
We know the author, so I think the first question to ask is whether this story has supernatural elements or not

Dex-chan lover
@opaldrop So, now is it his turn to become a nasty author who is trying to do serious and more mainstream work? I hope he succeeds better than Takatou Ryu in this.

@Kzh01 This is the birth of the trope "sudden diversity".

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe I'm just dumb, but isn't speculation something that any form media that releases semi-regularly is subject to? Especially in this case when the point is to wonder what Kei is. That said, I'm not sure I can trust this author to handle trans issues in a nuanced manner, given his track record.

Group Leader
@Kzh01 Shoehorned reason for plot convenience, similar to how Kei goes and reveals intimate details when nobody asked.

Though I probably should have said "this situation is a matter of diversity." I'll fix it when I get the chance.

Oh man this genre on 2020 i guess thats why the manga was dropped by the first tl, would be hard to translate this without someone feeling offended just looking at the comments.
Hey @NyandereKun really enjoying the manga hope you get to translate more looks really interesting 😊

Group Leader
@youkari Yeah my bad, I did this really quick while on lunch break. Thanks for pointing it out, I appreciate the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread