Welcome Back, Alice - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - About Kei...

It doesn't feel (at this point, at least) as though Kei has any sort of "plan" as such - he just seems to be having fun pushing their buttons while they struggle to come to terms with how they really feel about him, outside of all "proper" notions of gender and sexuality - which in turn is probably nothing compared to what he himself may have had to go through before feeling comfortable in his own skin

which in turn is probably nothing compared to what he himself may have had to go through before feeling comfortable in his own skin

Assuming he(?) is now comfortable. I wouldn't rule out the idea that messing with the others is part of still figuring himself out. It wouldn't exactly be unusual in the context of this author's other work.

Dex-chan lover
@daniel345 It was sarcasm. In fact, I expect that at some point this will turn into another story about teasing otokonoko. At least this is what I can expect from the author and those chapters that I have already read.

@ScarletLouse Do you keep reading him as a guy, even though the story is still awkward, but still trying to position him as trans?

@SuperOniichan I'm just sticking with whatever pronoun comes to my mind most naturally (neither pronoun seems entirely appropriate in his case), seeing as he says he doesn't see himself as a girl either.

Dex-chan lover
@ScarletLouse Do you see him as a guy who leads a "feminine" lifestyle, but still identifies as a guy? This makes sense, but I'm not entirely sure, since Japanese culture often doesn't see the difference between gender role and identity. For example, many Japanese gays are sympathetic to this style, as loving men is considered a "feminine trait."

I just want the protag to chat casually to kei and not be a stuttering mess.
You used to be best friend.

@elefantine97 for sure, regardless of what the outcome is I’m looking forward to seeing what he creates with this. Knowing that he writes his cis characters with equally over-the-top yet truthful perversion I think he could make something on par with the rest of his work and even flesh out some concepts and characters from his one shots. We’ll see 😷

mitani is a bitch that wants to separate kei and MC so she can have a go with kei, MC is an asshole who can't get over miitani, and honestly kei is an asshole too with ambiguous motive but he's p cool because he ain't being hypocritical about what he wants, honestly out of the cast of the shitty people in this manga, kei is the best so far, looking forward to how things would unfold
120996532_1317611478571566_1150282388226007074_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread