Welcome to Religion in Another World!

Dex-chan lover
So we just getting random things and putting "in another world" now?

i think iv'e read about an SCP like this before:

for those of you that don't understand this, i THINK its like:
("The Never Ending Story" + "Back to the Future"*"Quantum Leap"e. DR.WHO) = "Black Adder"(Lovecraft/Highway to Heaven) + 700 Clube. SCP Foundation )

See, its that easy to understand now right?

PS: if you don't know doubt the 700 club, just wiki it.

Fed-Kun's army
Why is the rating too low? 14 people scored this 1, are people actually triggered by this? That's the only way i can see why this have such a low rating seeing the comedy is pretty decent, imaginative even

Thanks for the work. This one really is interesting. And the artwork is superb. Just everything I could ask for.

mrf

Holly WahoWaho!! Aaaaaaaaaaa!!! Waho-waho japan... Wait that word somewhat fit... But WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??!?!?! @fagguette101 I AGREE WHAT THE FUCK!!! WHAT IS THIS MAN!! WHAT IS WAHO?!!!

Why are people overreacting so much in the comments? This really isn't that much weirder than your average fantasy comedic manga.

Dex-chan lover
W A H O W A H O

25a.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Okay idea, bogged down by a mediocre Jap MC.
The Jap's insistence on using the Manzai, straight-man-comments-on-fool template is just horrendous. These sort of stories' entire point is to basically try to make the MC's life as difficult as possible, with as much stupidity as possible. There's a limit as to how many times the MC can just stand on the sidelines, and go: "Ehhh!?"

Oh, I get why the rating suddenly dropped so suddenly. To anyone who read the chapter 7-10, those guys are not expys of who you think they are. *Spoiler part for History and of course chapter spoiler.

You see that Wikipedia image link below?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Banner_of_Amakusa_Shiro_%28Amakusa_Christian_Museum%29.jpg

Yeah, no, that's not Modern Christianity. That's the Symbol of a Japanese Jesuit rebellion I will call the Amakusa Jesuit movement. Yes, Jesuits, those jackasses who forced Christian Conversions by torture and murder during the colonial era in Mexico and anywhere Colonialism went (*Spanish Missions cough cough) and were so problematic and hated that their former allies, pretty much every European nation and even THE CHURCH ITSELF banned them by the 1770s-80s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppression_of_the_Society_of_Jesus?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjNweCrvvHmAhUP2qwKHSIgDAUQFjADegQIChAB#Papal_suppression_of_1773

https://mangadex.cc/chapter/768860/5

Again, This is the symbol of the Amakusa Jesuit Christians, not Christianity itself. I will tell you what the Japanese think of this group from their perspective. I do not care if you think it's true or not, this is how they're taught the story goes from their perspective.

Also, I would like you to know, yes Japan Persecuted Christians. But you know that book made into a movie Silence ? There's a VERY good reason why it takes place in 1639 after 1638 after this rebellion. A good reason why the Christian persecution became so ridiculously strong in Japan is because of the Shimbara Rebellion.

Roughly, what these Amakusa Jesuit Christian jackasses did was in response to Overtaxation from their local Idiot lord, they took over all the territories in the Shimbara peninsula, conscripted everyone, from children, elderly etc and force converted them to Christianity, then armed these people with guns and forced them to fight the Edo government's army. Knowing the Colonial Jesuits of the time, they likely murdered and persecuted unbelievers among st those they force ably conscripted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BeheadedJizo.jpg

The result was a bloody revolt that was so bloody, the entire population of the Shimbara Peninsula was wiped out. Keep that in mind, from their perspective, essentially every person who had lived in the Shimbara Peninsula had been conscripted and died by these Jesuit nutcases. Oh and Amakusa Jesuits had guns, LOTS of guns from the Portuguese Jesuits who were SO HELPFUL in giving them so many.

You can bet your ass the Japanese weren't pleased with this at the time. They kicked the Portuguese and their hated Jesuits out and then began persecuting Christians to the extreme, particularly hunting and murdering Jesuits to prevent another Shimbaran rebellion.

The Shimbaran Rebellion was also a big reason as to why the Tokugawa slowly tightened their control on Gun usage to absurd levels, hence why so many Edo period shows and Dramas ignore guns.

And btw, the Jesuits of this time period were extremely corrupt. How corrupt? The Portuguese Jesuits used Papal Donations to lease an entire city through "Donations" in the 1570's, much like how they got Macau. The Catholic Church was not pleased, needless to say.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Nagasaki?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiAh7On0vHmAhUGnawKHa9kAD0QFjAJegQIBxAB

Users who are viewing this thread