Welcome to Religion in Another World!

Double-page supporter
Ah yes, religions like Mariwo and Bloodborne.

Honestly disappointed that the author didn't go for a praise the sun joke there, perhaps that meme isn't as popular in Japan.

@crazybars are you sure its because of that? First off, by rating do you mean the Mangadex rating or something else? Second, I learned some good JP history (thanks for that) but people in the comments seemed to criticize the manga because of how slow its been or how the MC or the story sucks. Perhaps why people are triggered is because of the use of religion to gain power and abuse others.

Not that what you wrote doesn't have value, just that the readers here are less interested in JP history and even less for references to them.

@miramira

While that might be true people have other issues with this manga, the rating on Mangadex dropped from a 7.79 roughly to a 6.37 since I last read it 1-2 months ago. (Give or take.) That's too fast. This manga only started getting translating 3 months ago. (That's November 2019 for you guys in the future btw). Mangadex ratings decline VERY slowly over months as people change their votes and make new ones.

In the case of this manga, there is an unusual amount of 1, 2 and 3 Ratings ( 27, 12 and 7) tanking the score within the 1-2 month I was gone, indicating a lot of Knee Jerk votes over something recent. Like new chapters. Especially odd since the 1 Ratings have essentially doubled. So I opened the new chapters and Uh oh, it's the Shimbaran Amakusa T symbol that can be mistaken as an Expy of the Christian Cross. People tend to Give Low Ratings when they think their religion is insulted.

So I put two and two together, I think it's a good guess of cause and effect for such a massive ratings drop, especially since ratings only tend to change when new chapters come out but it's still a guess.

Aggregator gang
No idea what's the deal with the drama with this comment section and I didn't even rate the manga, but boy it's so boring. It started interesting but it's been circling around doing random stuff and at the same time absolutely nothing for a good bunch of chapters now. It's like a dog chasing its tail. I bet it will get axed.

Oh wow, there are a lot of people upset that someone dared to make a comedy manga about religion.

@crazybars
Thx man, your insight very helpfull
I hope we got a 'Recent review' feature like in steam ... so we could guess when a 'battle of 1 vs 10 rating' for series that might sensitive for some people & not blinded by just overall rating score.

Users who are viewing this thread