Welcome to the Ballroom - Ch. 57 - White Tear

What am I reading?
Teenager with serious condition not acting like a child, but sharing it with partner and mentor/teacher just before big tournament?
This is so fucking refreshing.

Double-page supporter
Going to see the doctor with your girlfriend helps a little.

Can someone explain the " Ippo 2.0 " thing? I don't mind spoilers of Hajime no Ippo (I guess this is the series in question?), but don't forget to tag your spoilers for the others.

Also, I hope Tatara gets well soon.

Dex-chan lover
I was prepared to see the cliche of him lying to his partner and friends just to participate in the tournament. Its so refreshing to see an MC who actually told the truth. Especially to his partner.

@ak2508 No. Competition's don't work like that. Tatara and Chinatsu got A rank as a pair. If they break that pair, the rank is lost. Even if Gaju pairs up with Chinatsu he can't automatically enter Sendai Grand Prix as an A-ranked pair, they have to start from the beginning of the dance season. Obviously it's easier for highly skilled dancers, that have formed new pairs, to climb up the ranks but it still takes time due to the scheduling of the competition circuit. .

Plus, with the intense emotional development Tatara and Chinatsu went through, there's no way this pair are going to break up. Pretty sure Chinatsu is the endgame partner and main female lead. Despite being the last one to be introduced she has the most screen time out of all the other girls and character development on the level of Tatara. Plus, we know so much about her outside of Tatara. Not easily replaced. That was a bond forged in the fires of competition hell. They're meant to mirror Sengoku and Chizuru.

Dex-chan lover
The artwork looks so beautiful and clean as usual ^-^! Also, I am glad Tatara was truthful about what the doctor said. Hopefully, he can recover and understands his own health :3

Chapter theme https://soundcloud.com/gary-justin-230228162/ballroom-e-youkoso-tatara-shuuchuu

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I agree, I really don't think there would be a long term partner change from Tatara and Chinatsu

Dex-chan lover
They make is sound so serious. I got minor retina detachment. Then again I don't exercise tho
Many thanks

Double-page supporter
@lol480phuh It has been shown from his previous matches that
Takamura
has a problem with his right eye due to most likely retinal detachment. Fans have been waiting on when it will eventually be brought up again.

Fed-Kun's army
how terrible of the mangaka to make the older dancer whose name I don't remember know of tatara'a retina detachment... I'm looking forward to how things will develop though

Dex-chan lover
I’m guessing the reason why Kugimiya is hearing this is just in case he has to talk Tatara down on forcing things to avoid permanently affecting his performance.

@zdarkbrz_816 Is it cruel? Kugimiya does bear some culpability in Tatara's injury, and as the older dancer of the pair who had to go through potentially permanently ruining his dancing abilities, he's the best to keep Tatara from trying to dance in Sendai at the permanent risk of his future.

Users who are viewing this thread