Welcome to the Ballroom - Vol. 10 Ch. 48 - Rodeo Show 2

Dex-chan lover
Jeez. Someone get this man some painkillers. He's going to pass out on the floor at this rate.

Especially if you look at the character notes (ch 46.5) I think there's a strong correlation between how good a partner is and how beautifully they're drawn. Idogawa's a special case here because she's drawn with a really plain face in normal clothes, so there's a sharp divide between her appearance with and without competition makeup that isn't present for any of the other elite-tier partners in the story. I wonder if this is a visual representation of the fact that she's not really rated by the audience and reporters (to the point where the reporters can't even remember her name, ch 40).

@Whatev Can't remember the anime exactly, and of course the anime isn't canon, but in the anime Tamie says "i'm a satelitte/ghost (I can't remember the direct quote)" so it's probably not a coincidence with how she's designed. I think Kugimiya and Tamie are basically the "first bosses" for Tatara and Chinatsu, so I don't think either of them are gonna be getting much focus later in the story, especially since Kugimiya has the back issue and Tamie is Tamie.

Users who are viewing this thread