Welcome to the Cheap Restaurant of Outcasts! - Ch. 46 - Sincerity VII

Dex-chan lover
It's not about being close or not, I already said her choice is dumb, they're still not strangers.

And generally, as a senior and leader, you should have some responsibilities to take care of the people under you.
"Strangers" was referring to who she is doing the killing for meaning the treason lady and whoever is behind her.

Also that "responsibility" she already failed, when it came to Denys meaning she's just looking beyond stupid and hateable rn

Dex-chan lover
"Strangers" was referring to who she is doing the killing for meaning the treason lady and whoever is behind her.

Also that "responsibility" she already failed, when it came to Denys meaning she's just looking beyond stupid and hateable rn
Denys doesn't work for her, not anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Yes he doesn't, because she failed said "responsibility" as sort of higher-up before already 🙄
She was away.

She then talk with the others, and make an opportunity so that he could join again on chapter 6.

Dex-chan lover
She was away.

She then talk with the others, and make an opportunity so that he could join again on chapter 6.
She didnt do that for him, she did that because she's seen the guild doesnt work without him 😶

Dex-chan lover
She didnt do that for him, she did that because she's seen the guild doesnt work without him 😶
She already said she'll help him come back since chapter 1, not just because he's vital to the guild (she already know that since ch. 1) and they're friends, but also because she knows how important getting to level 100 is for him.

its-just-so-peak-v0-w6ememuki9tb1.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
It got a little wonky for a while there, but seems like the story is getting back on track

Dex-chan lover
why are you so free?
mom: b!tch I have priorities, I threw everything for my son... and I know the guild will survive I trained them well, how about you (just me to throw salt on the b!tch)

Dex-chan lover
The bitch just tried to kill mc's mom if she didnt dodge that attack..NAH SHE DESERVES THE DEATH PENALTY WTF?? Also, she clearly does NOT care for mc at all btw, as she would kill both him and his mother to save some random girls. But she will be forgiven very easily next few chapters calling it now :) (worst case scenario might even be the romance interest)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If we want to blame someone from the main cast for the diner's burning, then it's Atorie's fault more than Katy's (I don't think we should blame her tho). What the revelation did is force the guild to back off and not much else, that burning was mainly caused by the greater plot they're disturbing.
Contributed was the chief operative word here. Of course, there were many reasons why it was burned down, they had made many enemies by then, but the ones who burned down the store were Misty Night members, who were both pissed at being forced to burn Bachelle's contract and having been humiliated, both of which were precipitated by, well. The SWT and the Werkstatt family were both also listed as co-conspirators, so Atorie and Denys himself are also responsible, but implying that that event had NO effect on the store being burned is missing a few facts. We could go at length debating whether or not the shop would've been targeted anyway, whether them backing off without knowing would've led to Denys being more on guard and personally whooping their asses instead of being lulled into a false sense of security and leaving the shop unattended for that long or what have you, but the mere fact that this discussion could be possible in the first place is, to me, a good indicator that there's at least a degree of responsibility involved.
Based on his expressions in ch. 6 and 10, it seems like he did regret not being able to level up so it's a pretty strong reason. She won't be able to use that reasoning if he joins other guilds, but he didn't.
My mentioning the original reason was mostly just to contrast it with the next point and how it ended up being wrong. I personally interpret Ch.6's expression as more of an "I'm sorry, I can't" than a "I regret it", which, while I'm sure he undoubtedly did, I don't think he would've chosen differently if he could do it over again. I think he was pretty satisfied with his choice, and regretted having to turn her down more. Ch.10's is probably closer to actual regret, though, so fair enough on that one, but by that point she had already made her offer and been turned away.
Both started out poor but while Dany sticks with his principles and become welcomed by the Chef Jean and her restaurant, Katy works her way out using any means necessary without anyone to really guide and love her.

I suppose this means the guild is her final objective, her one and only home then? That might explain why she's still clinging to the guild even after most of the members left.
They are good foils to one another, now that you mention it. Denys was ready to skip town when his shop was burned but was convinced by those around him to stay, now Katy is overcommitted to her party and people around her are slowly making her reconsider her choice. Both figured they were strong enough to make these decisions and both didn't really consider how said decisions would affect the feelings of those around them.
The ending in Chapter 6 also changes context a bit. Back then it was just Denys saying goodbye to Katy, with the light behind him showing that he is happy there, but now we know for certain that the darkness behind her represents the Silver Wing guild.
That's a pretty good observation. I like it.
Still, that's the only home she only knows of, and Denys happily choosing his restaurant over the guild by the time of chapter 6 may seem like a betrayal to her.

There might be some envy in there too, as she sees Denys' new home and family as something she is an outsider of.
She is definitely feeling rejected, that's for sure. Not only did he leave her to deal with her crumbling home, but he's gone and built himself a new place to belong. Of course, the caveat there being that she could've easily followed him along, but as you mentioned earlier in your comment, she's probably fallen for the sunk-cost fallacy by that point. Still, though. Architect of her own undoing.

Double-page supporter
Praying the girl, at the minimum, goes to jail and is imprisoned forever. But I somehow doubt it'll happen and assume she will be forgiven and will continue being friends with Denys.

Dex-chan lover
Contributed was the chief operative word here. Of course, there were many reasons why it was burned down, they had made many enemies by then, but the ones who burned down the store were Misty Night members, who were both pissed at being forced to burn Bachelle's contract and having been humiliated, both of which were precipitated by, well. The SWT and the Werkstatt family were both also listed as co-conspirators, so Atorie and Denys himself are also responsible, but implying that that event had NO effect on the store being burned is missing a few facts. We could go at length debating whether or not the shop would've been targeted anyway, whether them backing off without knowing would've led to Denys being more on guard and personally whooping their asses instead of being lulled into a false sense of security and leaving the shop unattended for that long or what have you, but the mere fact that this discussion could be possible in the first place is, to me, a good indicator that there's at least a degree of responsibility involved.
I won't say it didn't contribute at all, my main issue is when it's in the context of "bad things she did" because it feels like victim blaming to a really harsh degree. I'll have no issue when it's used in investigative and "good things she did" contexts.

I personally also think that Denys and Katy's reputation forcing Misty Night to back off without a fight save Bachelle in the long run and the restaurant in the short run (I doubt Denys and the Misty Nights can work out a good deal, so there will probably some broken furnitures when the talk's over).

Users who are viewing this thread