Welcome to the "Outcasts' Guild" - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Adventurer's Town

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the core of the story has potential. The hook of “taking all the outcasts” works in a world where we have been FLOODED with manga about the “outcast who was misunderstood but totally the only real strong one in the party”.

But this series will only be unique if it plays with that concept… otherwise it will just be exactly the same as all the other “outcast” style stories.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, they need to actually give better reasons why these recruits are outcasts instead of "their former party are bad/evil/dumb".

Like, at least make one of them have a really, really bad personality or something.

I feel like the core of the story has potential. The hook of “taking all the outcasts” works in a world where we have been FLOODED with manga about the “outcast who was misunderstood but totally the only real strong one in the party”.

But this series will only be unique if it plays with that concept… otherwise it will just be exactly the same as all the other “outcast” style stories.
Problem with this manga is that the MC hates the current system where the other parties only recruit other members with high number stats but the MC only recruits based on peoples skills stats so basically he is doing the same thing thus a hypocrite.

Dex-chan lover
If every or any of these outcasts always have the unique skills MC wants, then might as well post some ads saying "If you're banished from your old party, contact me at Dangamex street" or smth like that rather than going around watching as the "banished" drama unfolds. Unless he likes watching them ofc.

Dex-chan lover
Medival setting with spotless streets and crape vendors... This sure is trash alright.

That aside, big top of guild dude that has previously said this banished fad is dumb and hurts the system (or something like that), hears about someone not being able to establish a help group for the banished people because of arbitrary decisions by a single lower ranked guild member, and proceeds to... NOT help out.
Great, fucking great work making that (now pointless because it could be easily solved) drama take longer author.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, they need to actually give better reasons why these recruits are outcasts instead of "their former party are bad/evil/dumb".

Like, at least make one of them have a really, really bad personality or something.
Their status are low, thats the only reason.

Dex-chan lover
If every or any of these outcasts always have the unique skills MC wants, then might as well post some ads saying "If you're banished from your old party, contact me at Dangamex street" or smth like that rather than going around watching as the "banished" drama unfolds. Unless he likes watching them ofc.
Spoilers ahead for the bit that was translated from the web novel, but:

There will be a recruit with no hidden skills that he does take in. They do get a hidden skill later, but it isn't as cut and dry as everyone with low skills has hidden skills

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee: :wooow:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
Hope to see this continue, this seems like an interesting concept, but if it's treated as a slow burn it can become dry pretty quickly.

Lookin' at the raws, seems like they're up to 28 too, so I hope we can see chapters TL'd again since it's been a few (~5) months.

Dex-chan lover
The axe strice once more.
What axe? The series is marked as "ongoing" and, according to @Doodert up there, there are more than 20 chapters available in the raws that haven't been translated yet. The only reason we're stuck on chapter 6 is bc Galaxy Degen seems to have dropped it (not unexpected for them), and nobody else seems to have picked it up yet.

Dex-chan lover
What axe? The series is marked as "ongoing" and, according to @Doodert up there, there are more than 20 chapters available in the raws that haven't been translated yet. The only reason we're stuck on chapter 6 is bc Galaxy Degen seems to have dropped it (not unexpected for them), and nobody else seems to have picked it up yet.
As of now, it's up to Chapter 31 with a special announcement posted this month.

Can't really tell what the announcement is since it's a page of Manga and I can't read Japanese, but a poor Google Translate comes up with either it's a new chapter, or a new series.. new arc maybe?

Dunno. But main point is that it's only stuck cuz it's not getting translated, but the story is still going on strong in the raws :V

Dex-chan lover
As of now, it's up to Chapter 31 with a special announcement posted this month.

Can't really tell what the announcement is since it's a page of Manga and I can't read Japanese, but a poor Google Translate comes up with either it's a new chapter, or a new series.. new arc maybe?

Dunno. But main point is that it's only stuck cuz it's not getting translated, but the story is still going on strong in the raws :V
It's funny, bc shortly after I first replied to that axe comment, I saw someone in the comments of a different manga asking if that one had been axed, when it too had several additional untranslated raw chapters available and the bright green "ongoing" marker here on MD.

People really seem to believe that, if no new translated chapters drop, then the manga must've been cancelled or axed.

Dex-chan lover
It's funny, bc shortly after I first replied to that axe comment, I saw someone in the comments of a different manga asking if that one had been axed, when it too had several additional untranslated raw chapters available and the bright green "ongoing" marker here on MD.

People really seem to believe that, if no new translated chapters drop, then the manga must've been cancelled or axed.
That's just the way it goes, y'know?

I think there are some people out there who believe these manga are being created and uploaded to Mangadex "as-is" rather than being edited from a Raw format from another language, cleaned, redrawn, translated, typeset, quality checked and proofread.. which might be why some people are so entitled lol

Users who are viewing this thread