Tsuihousha Shokudou e Youkoso! - Saikyou Party o Tsuihou Sareta Ryourinin (Lv.99) wa, Inaka de Nengan no Boukensha Shokudou o Hirakimasu! - Ch. 42 - …

Dex-chan lover
See, now, Soma wouldn’t have made that mistake. I’m just say’n. But then we’d end up with the dying king stripping, so maybe this is for the best anyway…
What I was thinking. Soma will make a food suitable with the King’s condition.

Dex-chan lover
reminder none of this matters the point of this arc is dennys is in jail even if evil chef does "help" that does not really resolve the core issue that the writer decided was a great idea.

this is just painful.

Dex-chan lover
Can we stop adding more random ass obstacles and just get this arc done with. You don't need any more tension.

Dex-chan lover
just end this already
i feel like reading manga on a deathbed
MC is not even showing at all

Dex-chan lover
Why does every chef story i see involve something like people shouting on the kitchen everytime
Kitchens are high stress environment where a lot can and has to happen in short lengths of time. Everything has to be organized, run as smoothly as possible, needs to be heard, etc, and this leads to people quickly having to raise their voices, and develop a temper.

Have you ever worked fast food during rush hours ? It's that, it's exactly that, on a generally larger and more complicated scale.

Fed-Kun's army
Kitchens are high stress environment where a lot can and has to happen in short lengths of time. Everything has to be organized, run as smoothly as possible, needs to be heard, etc, and this leads to people quickly having to raise their voices, and develop a temper.

Have you ever worked fast food during rush hours ? It's that, it's exactly that, on a generally larger and more complicated scale.
No i haven't thats why i'm asking, because things from tv usually get dramatized for views so i can't really be sure nowadays

Dex-chan lover
No i haven't thats why i'm asking, because things from tv usually get dramatized for views so i can't really be sure nowadays
Makes sense :) I have some experience working in fast foods, so that's something I'm quite familiar with myself, and a good chunk of my family works/has worked in the food industry.

The main issue with cooking in this kind of setting, is that you have to get food out in a very limited amount of time, and with a relatively high degree of accuracy and quality. Yes, even for fast food, where you work with mostly already prepped or frozen ingredients so that you can get the stuff out in a matter of minutes.
Where I used to work, if you spent more than 5 minutes getting an order ready, it was considered a failure, and you had to be able to prep multiple orders at the same time.

Now, try to imagine that in a real restaurant kitchen setting, and especially in the realm of high cuisine : everything doesn't just have to be ready on time, everything has to be perfect, you cannot accept anything less than that, especially because the customers basically make or break your reputation, and will be your harshest critique.

To that, add that kitchens are relatively cramped spaces : even the biggest kitchens have several people running around in it at the same time, you have to be ready to prepare dozen of orders at once, and if you're a big and popular enough spot, this can amount to hundread of orders a day, and kitchen staff's job doesn't start and end with the opening and closing of the establishment either : you have to source ingredients, negociate prices, if things like bread are made in house, you have to stay there late and come in early, even more than you would just to get prep time on other things like soup stock, etc, so that everything can be ready by the time customers and orders start pouring in.

The result is that when you need something, you need it like 5 seconds ago, you need to be able to be heard over the voices of the rest of the staff, etc, so you tend to have to yell, and it often comes out as berating/giving unreasonable orders because everyone is doing something, and timing needs to be perfect. You have to be reactive, fast on your feet, and dextrous.

Works of fiction definitely tend to exaggerate stuff, and kitchen environment is one of them, but that's honestly closer to the reality of things than one might think.

Dex-chan lover
Nooooo Atorie-chan

Why does every chef story i see involve something like people shouting on the kitchen everytime
Because it is the most realistic thing of the cooking story. I worked in a kitchen and visited others, angry yelling is staple.

Dex-chan lover
Because it is the most realistic thing of the cooking story. I worked in a kitchen and visited others, angry yelling is staple.
yeah but that was at people who didn't know what they were doing. if you're yelling in a kitchen IME it's because you're handling something dangerous and need to warn someone or you need to tell someone off for not doing that. This is pointless psycho kitchen drama because they already have a baddy in the aspiring head chef.

The only way this works out is that the girl whose arm is on the line wins, becomes the head chef for the king, and the MC wins and goes back to his restaurant while the people who made him suffer are imprisoned and suffer.

And then what does our hero do? Whatever the author comes up with, it'll probably be just as bad as this.

Double-page supporter
I'm still confused why they absolutely only need this dudes help, it's like the enemies have absolute power to be rude but any good person can't do shit? Jean would have been the least controversial but he just told her no for no reason

Users who are viewing this thread