Welcome to the Outcast's Restaurant!

The title they put for the series page is broken English, but the third speech bubble has a proper English name for the restaurant. “Of outcast” doesn’t make sense unless later in the book there happens to be a proper noun “Outcast” like a guild name or title. Like it MC started to be called Outcast. If that doesn’t happen “ Of Outcasts” or “ Of the Outcast” is the proper way. Or matching it with what was in the book, “The Banished”

Can be a fun reading (is there some raws somewhere ?)

Rule zero of an adventuring party with a chef. Don't fuck with them, they're the kings. they make your meals and ensure you're healthy. good food leads to good morale, good morale tends to lead to victory. plus being a chef, they tend to know how to prepare a dish juuuuust right to punish you.

Fed-Kun's army
Imagine Monster Hunter without a chef

they really want to fail huh

also this makes me wonder if we're getting a new subgenre of "the most useful person in the party got kicked out and now the party will fall apart"

Presumably there is an English subtitle on the manga raw page or something that has the title Engrish like that is my guess.
On a sidenote: Is the phrase actually the romaji for Pioneer or is it maybe supposed to be a term more like Vanguard? If they don't specifically spell it out as パイヤニーヤ or such, I would do a bit of research into Japanese RPG/fantasy terms, because it's probably not meant to be translated literally.

As for comments of the series: MC suddenly acquiring a "daughteru" right away / slavery angle is an overused trope, but I'm curious where the story will go from here, as it doesn't seem like the focus will be entirely on the restaurant.

Contributor
Low expectations, if it goes harem or child grooming then those expectations will be even lower, very similar seeming premise to the one where he runs an apothecary.

Double-page supporter
The genre of old man getting kicked out in the strongest party and lived a slow life is really taking over these past few months

It should be a crime to make people interested in a manga only to turn out there is ONLY one chapter

Fed-Kun's army
@Laughing_Snake I’d say it’s pretty much already there, based on the novels that are being translated to English. There are already 4 manga I can think of with this premise, maybe even 5, and at least 2 more that are being translated into English and don’t have translated manga yet. Not sure if it’ll get much bigger than that though, I personally like isekai and don’t mind too much generic stuff as long as it’s at least a bit interesting or changes SOMETHING up, but this sub-genre is already starting to bug me a lot, even though I thought the first one or two I read were decent.

EDIT: I should add that I haven’t read this chapter yet, and I could see this being better than some of the others. I just feel like this sub-genre is lazier than most isekai, at least at the beginnings. Plus, I personally feel like it narrows who can relate to the main character, when there are ways to pull off something similar but more interesting without a ton of thinking or storyboarding.

Double-page supporter
He should've prepared the last dish, last dish best served cold

Fed-Kun's army
@Wreavant Manga seems to be following trends of what people irl are feeling and capitalising on it, "I've done my job better than everyone else at this damn company and IM the one getting laid off!?", the isekai boom - "Man the world is going to shit.. if only i could just go to a new one.." etc etc. As long as people have troubles, there will be storys made of their dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread