Welcome to the Wizard's Bistro - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
...huh. I can't say I expected the banquet to only last 4 panels, be completely uneventful, and happen entirely off-panel.

Dex-chan lover
...huh. I can't say I expected the banquet to only last 4 panels, be completely uneventful, and happen entirely off-panel.
Everything in this series just feels so weirdly empty. There's the outline of a good story here, but it feels like the author wasn't confident enough to fill it in.

Dex-chan lover
Everything in this series just feels so weirdly empty. There's the outline of a good story here, but it feels like the author wasn't confident enough to fill it in.
Same... I'm not articulate enough, but I feel like there's something missing. I wonder what it is.

maybe it's because jp artist just start on webtoon format so it make comic lack something i guess ?

OpN

Dropped, I thought this story would go in a different direction. I thought the main character would develop in a different way and the story feels lacking even as a slice of life. They've given a bunch of story threads and I just don't feel like I'll enjoy the main character following any of them.

Dex-chan lover
Same... I'm not articulate enough, but I feel like there's something missing. I wonder what it is.
It just doesn't feel like anything is really fleshed out, is the best way I can put it.

Take the current "arc" for instance. We got 4 chapters with Gil, who's set up as a kind of mild antagonist due to his jealousy of the MC. You expect some actual tension between the two, and the fact that they can't work together will cause an issue for this important banquet. Maybe they'll have to team up when something goes wrong and finally learn to respect each other!

But nope, Gil is just a mild jerk, the MC blames himself until Gil insults his friends, and then everything just kind of neatly resolves itself when Ray gives Gil a pat on the head and tells him to come back to the Bistro.

It's just unsatisfying, and Gil will probably fade into the background like every other character so far.

Users who are viewing this thread