We’ve Started a New Game. - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Yep... she's acting like a fox. Cautious at first, then tsundere the next moment.

Dex-chan lover
Cooking skill and a furry pet, getting two of the quintessential MMO isekai cheats in one chapter.

Group Leader
he looks like some kind of manga samurai character with white hair, got a katana and now has a fox spirit pet
...of course

Dex-chan lover
Man i wish i had to good game to play. One with flexible class systems and stuff. Everything out there right now just doesn't have the obvious stuff you see in these kinds of stories. Not even talking about the impossible stuff we can't do.

At this point i feel like i'm just waiting for the next elderscrolls game.

Dex-chan lover
@Merilirem i'd imagine coding this level of flexibility in would be hell tho. that, or the devs would have to spend time in the other hell called "feature-bloated infrastructuring"

Dex-chan lover
kitty get kidnapped

@Wolvenworks
or... they'd just throw in a bunch of neuroMorphic chips for 5$ from aliexpress into servers and click "auto-generate shiz like levels n stuff"

psychedelic-images-generated-googles-neural-network.jpg

thought... at current level we could have just lovecraft'ian design game levels 👽

@Wolvenworks "feature-bloated infrastructuring" would probably not occur, actually. With this level of flexibility, it would actually become easier to to just code a world simulator, rather than a game, and let the world evolve naturally (or with some restrictions) as the players interact with it.

@arlogia that would take so much fucking work, that it would be not worth it for game companies at all.

For freely changing classes FFXIV does it great.

Also the problem in IRL MMO games is that everything revolves around the end-game. Any "new" features or systems where you want to hide how to obtain something, a couple of hours after release there will be a guide online on how to do it. If it's not on par with current skills that are used by raiders it's considered useless. That's why you don't see so many MMOs / MMO-lites released anymore. Metagaming plagued the genre and the social aspects of MMOs were replaced with convince.

Insert Old Man rants at cloud meme here lol

@boogle Well, yes, the same could be said for a game this generally flexible as well.

Although, in the case of a world simulator, it is possible that a commersial framework would eventually be available, in which case the task would be reduced to about that of other major mmos.

Fed-Kun's army
I still dont see any coherent storyline o.o

Still, MC hot, i like... 😂

Dex-chan lover
@Arlogia can that be coded, and why hasn't anyone done it on a japanese-manga-VRMMO level? (best i've seen closest is uh...Firefall or NMS. ironic, because Firefall is dead, and NMS is pretty sure also an abbreviation for a chinese swear word too. i'm guessing "your mom's dead")

@Wolvenworks Theoretically, yes, it can be coded (given a sufficient number of years and amount of manpower). However, the computing power required to run such a world simulator in real time does not exist, even if every computer in existence was added together.

Dex-chan lover
@Arlogia so even if we borrow CERN's supercomputer and we can make this, chances are it'll just be some kinda 16-bit game that lags like a weekend grind rush (WoT players will know what the term "Weekend Warrior" means)

Users who are viewing this thread