What Do You Call This Trash - Vol. 2 Ch. 20

Group Leader
Hello, hello! I am once again giving translation notes:
  • (p. 2) Yes! I did the thing again! It's a merger of "I like you." and "You're my hero". I initially broke "You're my hero" into "You are my hero" so that I don't have to skew the "you" for "I like you", but it just sounded unnatural. You're a smart cookie, you can figure the meaning of the sentence out on your own.
  • (p. 3) There's a guy leering at the ex-couple right over Kai-kun's shoulder.
  • (p. 4) I decided not to add a translation note here anymore so I don't ruin the dramatic monologue. If you happened to miss the notes, you can check the notes for Chapter 19 and it's basically the same thing.
  • (p. 8) Yuuto looks... hmm...
  • This chapter is so far the second that we've seen Konatsu-mama treat Kai-kun like shit. Worth noting that we haven't see Konatsu-papa since Chapter 4.
  • "I did my best" and "Gotta do my best" are both examples of ganbare culture (unofficial name that I just made up right now). Though mostly positive, some people have pointed out that some tend to ganbatte (頑張れ, "do your best") a bit too hard and end up hurting either themselves (most of the time) or others in some cases. Sometimes knowing your limits is better for you!
I saw someone on Twitter with a Yuuto avatar in the wild. Someone asked from where did they get their avatar and... they linked to an aggregator site! I'm not possessive over my scanlations, so I don't mind them linking to that site, but I'd much prefer readers to stick here on MangaDex since it doesn't have ads and it's the only place (besides Twitter) where you get to slam dunk me if I make translation mistakes. That's all for now! Next chapter comes out on March 18, 2023.

Dex-chan lover
now I'm waiting for a story telling that the current girlfriend is also a weird girl

and that'll be perfect

Dex-chan lover
Thats somewhat suck but any mom would probably dote their youngest first, and he was sick too so its understandable. Would be great if we get more backstory and pov from the big bro side next.
The picture on the left bottom corner of her room
Is the most concerning thing for me in there. :korone:
Thats his nutting face :kreygasm:

Dex-chan lover
Big bro got stalked, got ignored by his own parent, so what else do we need? His current gf cheating with another dude? Yeah... That dude is his own lil bro? Nice~ Villain backstory in a whole package.

Still surprised this manga made by the same person who made lots of wholesome manga

Big bro and crazy girl actually have a lot in common. They both get ignored by their moms for someone else and they both ended up falling for someone that reminds them of the person they lost their moms to.

Contributor
Parental favoritism, ah yes, another dangerous thing to add to the volatile pile of other dangerous things we have in this manga.

I expected Yuuto to be lacking sleep, but he actually has a fever? Knowing how anime/manga fevers work, he hasn't been soaking in the rain, has he? While following Akira around, maybe? For a guy who's typically asleep by midnight, he's lately been coming home late... maybe I just forgot why, but this piece of info seems new to me.

Akira even has pics of younger Kai. Pretty wild, but par for the course for a yandere. I don't remember, but I suppose it's one of the many Kai things Yuuto sold to her before.

Thanks for pointing out the ch.18/pg.5 - ch.20/pg.3 connection, it's a neat detail I never would've noticed on my own. Keeping up this level of effort and quality for scanlation with all the techniques and notes must be tiring, I appreciate it. It's amazing.

お疲れ様です!

Dex-chan lover
I'm just still unsure why MC wants to be with insane girl especially when she clearly wants nothing to do with him. If it's just lust I feel he wouldn't go to this length either.

At this point, the Protag should be the older brother and insane girl, younger brother really has nothing to do with this story.

I'm just still unsure why MC wants to be with insane girl especially when she clearly wants nothing to do with him. If it's just lust I feel he wouldn't go to this length either.

At this point, the Protag should be the older brother and insane girl, younger brother really has nothing to do with this story.
Because our boi caught the "this is the one" and now his oneitis won't let him look at other girls. Especially after class president is flirting as hard as she is.

Group Leader
I expected Yuuto to be lacking sleep, but he actually has a fever? Knowing how anime/manga fevers work, he hasn't been soaking in the rain, has he? While following Akira around, maybe? For a guy who's typically asleep by midnight, he's lately been coming home late... maybe I just forgot why, but this piece of info seems new to me.
From Ch. 18/20 we know it was raining just the night before. Maybe he got home late and was soaked from the rain? :thonk:

I'm thinking this might be the focus of next chapter, since it's the most likely progression we have up next. High time for Yuuto to get a bit more screen time too — it's been 4 chapters (2 months?!) since the last chapter with Yuuto's perspective. Also a bit of a Chekhov's Gun to make him sick without it having at least  some plot impact.
Protag should definitely be the big brother, cause I really don't see this crazy bitch falling for the current actual "MC" and we've been focusing more on the brother now and I've been enjoying it a lot more
I've recently been thinking that the sudden switch of perspective to Kai and Akira probably has meaning to it. My blind shot into the abyss is that rather than become an "i can fix her" guy, Yuuto would instead be an "i can save him [Kai]" guy, now that he knows Akira is no-good for anyone and after he (eventually) finds out what's been going on behind his back. We do know Tetsukazu-sensei cherishes sibling relationships (and I mean this in the familial sense), so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Yuuto was marketed as the MC for this manga (the ComicWalker summary is also written from his perspective), so I don't think he'll lose his spot as MC. He could be a much better MC tho :pacman:

Users who are viewing this thread