What Does It Mean To Be...? - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Chapter 6 - Brothers

Ooh, this was a really cool chapter — it’s great to see more Capmon, as well as seeing more of Nick. He was kind of in the background for the last two chapters, so it’s nice to see him get some time in the spotlight.

And Angel grinded their whole team to Level 100? God, that must have been time consuming… I must admit, I spent longer than I should have trying to figure out who all the Capmon Angel has are based off from the next few panels, and I think her team consists of Blastoise, Jolteon, Victreebel, Dodrio, Sandslash and Alakazam? I wonder how many of those fit into the meta for Gen 1…

I really enjoyed the tournament section — all the panels depicting the battles looked good, and Angel’s smug face when they get that critical hit is great. But you’ve gotta feel bad for Dan losing to it... well, it is Gen 1 though — I think Blastoise has like a 15% chance of critting with its attacks in Stadium?

It’s sweet that despite their differences, Angel gets accepted into their brotherhood. I honestly can’t think of too many 10 year olds that would be that welcoming regarding this sort of thing, so that’s nice to see. Plus, it gives Angel a pretty balanced friend group now, with both boys and girls they can talk too. They really do seem to be exactly in the middle when it comes to which gender they associate with…

Also, Jake plays Capmon too? And he mentored Angel? Nice.

And Angel grinded their whole team to Level 100? God, that must have been time consuming… I must admit, I spent longer than I should have trying to figure out who all the Capmon Angel has are based off from the next few panels, and I think her team consists of Blastoise, Jolteon, Victreebel, Dodrio, Sandslash and Alakazam? I wonder how many of those fit into the meta for Gen 1…
Yeaaaaah, someone gets it!!

Users who are viewing this thread