What He Who Doesn't Believe in Fate Says - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

If I understand properly, he tried to unbind his thread. So it maybe regenerated instantly telling him that fate is unavoidable and him thus feeling defeated by fate (which would explain why he's dating yahiko).
(But at the end of the chapter where he unbinds, the thread seemingly just disapears.)

Then we shift perspective and we follow Yuka. Right after Fuji unbinds his thread, (and it seemingly disappears for him), the red thread appears for Yuka, but tells a different story : this time Yuka and Fuji are indeed soulmates.

The perspective shift obviously making it difficult to guess what's going on in Fuji's head (since we don't know whether the red thread reappeared) , but also showing us that she wasn't in love with him like he was with her, and that she is now, but seemingly only because of that red thread.

- the red thread makes them both act opposite of how they really seem to feel at the start : he was in love but was put away by the red thread, she wasn't but is drawn to him because of the red thread.

- either the red thread lies (or the charachter's perception of it is flawed), either fate can be changed, but in both cases the red thread either isn't fate, either fate is changeable, so good news for Fuji.

Supporter
bro is about to drop the sickest superstition debunk or confirmation of the century

Dex-chan lover
So you only like him after seeing he's your fated? Can that even be called like or love at all?

Man I used to ship a couple a while back but now I don't feel like shipping anyone with anyone. Tho they're both stubborn (mmc not confessing earlier and fmc blindly believing in fate), go and be with each other then.

Dex-chan lover
This is so fucking dumb. Why would he keep going out to places with girl 2??? What a way to declare your so called "love" by constantly going out with someone else and turning down the girl you supposedly like.

Dex-chan lover
I really liked the perspective switch, it's also hilarious to now see how Hasegawa doesn't have even the slightest interest in who Fuji thought her string was tied to lmao. The only thing that's a bit frustrating is that after seeing all this stuff from Fuji's perspective about how he doesn't want to believe in fate, it feels like now he's putting in sooooooo much work to do the opposite. Enough for me to be like... What happened that flipped the switch so much? Man looks depressed and what the heck was that last panel expression, assuming her confession was translated correctly (unless it's another bait like a few chapters ago).

Thanks so much for translating this! Been really happy to be able to continue to read this

Fed-Kun's army
So it seems you guys are missing everything that has been clearly explained. ML gave up to fate, without realizing he changed his fate by undoing his string, a last act of defiance that set him up to HIS desired outcome, but he does not know he changed anything. Been hit over the head over and over again about fate, he IS following it, the last fate he did not know he himself avoided. It was expressed by the tarot lady that he cannot see fates anymore.
Then we jumped to FL who is now seeing the current fate but has no knowledge of what ML did, and not only does believe in fate but also likes the fate she was given, but now is needing to face the fact that fate is something that still can't happen. So she will need to put in all the work she previously refused to because she believed things will just happen. They all got out of sync again, but changed places, literally.

Users who are viewing this thread