What He Who Doesn't Believe in Fate Says - Vol. 4 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
You know there's always a way to keep people with loose lips in check

Coming in at number 1:
images

Dex-chan lover
Regressing characters just to move the story forward is one of the most exhausting tropes ever created. At this point, I wouldn’t even mind if they broke up and the story ended then and there.
100% with you. But I would go a step further- this is beyond the trope of regressing a character to force plot. This is plain terrible writing. She at this point knows that she has complexes and that she is hurtful towards him and acknowledged all that. He always endures, tolerates her and even positively reinforces her confidence but the author unironically seems to think that this is the natural progression of her character.

Why have the story end then and there after a breakup? He clearly deserves better than to be physically assaulted by her after having just, once again, saved their relationship. He does 90% of the heavy lifting. He matches her pace. Has to seek her out. Reaffirm her. Show love. Be patient. He gets the shortest end of the shortest stick, lmao.
A breakup would be the true start of this series. He gets a partner he deserves, that does shit for the relationship and she can develop as a human. 10x enjoyment.

Man, what a stupid chapter. I fully despise her now, well done, author.

Dex-chan lover
Bro everyone knew they were friends in college, couldn't she have simply lied and said they're hanging out as friends? Like that would be hurtful but minus the literal shoving at least

Bro everyone knew they were friends in college, couldn't she have simply lied and said they're hanging out as friends? Like that would be hurtful but minus the literal shoving at least
The friend seems to immediately assume that she has a soulmate just because she got 2 Ice creams so I guess she wanted to avoid the topic like "oh you guys still hang out together?" Or similar questions that would imply them being a couple and lead to her getting embarrassed and revealing their relationship.

You know there's always a way to keep people with loose lips in check

Coming in at number 1:
images
Yeah didn't you know that if u buy 2 Ice creams it automatically means you have a partner/soulmate?
Some people's thinking just baffles me! 😂

Double-page supporter
I feel like the author is trying to work out some issues of her own with this writing. A woman just waiting for the perfect, long suffering man who will tolerate all her neurotic behaviour and still stroke her ego at the end of the day lol

I feel like the author is trying to work out some issues of her own with this writing. A woman just waiting for the perfect, long suffering man who will tolerate all her neurotic behaviour and still stroke her ego at the end of the day lol
Unfortunately this seems to encompass a lot of romance manga

Users who are viewing this thread