What kind of manga would be a fresh or creative take right now?

Dex-chan lover
Good old medieval fantasy, like what we have with the "Lodoss" universe or "The Heroic Legend of Arslan" (both are really good, BTW). Everything is an isekai or litRPG nowadays.
This!! THIS!!

we need more classic fantasy. fuck those isekai shit, reincarnated shit. we need classic fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
1). Man I really want some Gothic style fantasy manga. The one that take place in revolution industry time Europe. Those style are so good, I want to see it. Make the world building good

2). Pls... Make more of classic fantasy. No need ISEKAI bullshit or reincarnation bullshit, just classic old school fantasy. Make fantasy like berserk or fairy style world, make it more modern and balance. Lessen out the annoying fanservice, and make the gore just enough not too much

3). Just make story that have good conclusion. I see so many story had very good start but ended rushed because of it didn't goes as expected. Lot of em are rushed by the publisher and some of it are prolong and didn't know how to wrap it up in right way. I see this cancellation and axe a lot like really a lot. Lot of manga im interested is getting cancelled while something like rent GF or Isekai Smartphone still continues till this day. Don't know why people keep eating those slop

4). I want more Sci-fi, I only seeing post apocalypse sci-fi nowadays, feels like something cyberpunk style future would be nice.

5). Controversial but too much cooking damn it, we got too much cooking manga recently. On my social media it's cooking, on manga cooking, okay enough enough... Like the premise pretty much the same SoL and cooking food and it's become boring.

6). I want fantasy monstee biology mix mashup. I read two manga about this premise. The first one a manga about doctor for mythical creature and it's good. Really bring the fantasy feeling into the world it's live in. And the second is about mythical creatures investigator. I want more fantasy manga that exploring fictional or mythical creatures

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Seconding the traditional fantasy comment, with a side of "no power fantasy either". I am not aware of any fantasy manga that do not gift the protagonist power at a rate that outpaces the threats he faces.
Hey, Bard Loen pfp, nice one dude

Dex-chan lover
Sci-Fi: Man, it feels like there haven't been any good sci-fi manga lately. "Astra - Lost in Space" was the last one I remember enjoying. I'm craving something with cool futuristic tech and mind-blowing plots. Got any recommendations?
Sci-fi nowadays mostly post apocalypse. It's pretty good but we kinda need more variety

Dex-chan lover
hmm i think sci-fi war manga that works in a huge/intergalactic scale that is not mecha related is rare and i definitely need them
would be nice to see something like large scale war helldivers or titanfall but focused on the grunts side

Dex-chan lover
The main character actually a big manipulator, he didn't care about the harem and only manipulate those poor woman and then ⬇️
and the harem discovers that it's much better to live when there is no guy.

Dex-chan lover
need a highlander type manga where there can only be one OP character i crave this highlander type manga

Historical fiction, I guess? Not the Warring Shogun era tho, smth like that Hatsepsut manga. Maybe Saga of Napoleon the Height-Challenged?

Hey, no need for the hostility! Let's keep it laid-back. So, about those manga ideas:

White-collar Yakuza: You ever notice how manga always portray Yakuza as either tough guys or honorable types? But in real life, they're into more white-collar stuff like money laundering. It'd be cool to see a manga that dives into that side of things, you know, the sneaky behind-the-scenes deals.

Deconstructing Idolization: Yeah, manga always focus on the idols and how they deal with their fans. But what about the fans themselves? What makes them idolize these people? It'd be interesting to see a manga that flips the script and explores that angle.

Sci-Fi: Man, it feels like there haven't been any good sci-fi manga lately. "Astra - Lost in Space" was the last one I remember enjoying. I'm craving something with cool futuristic tech and mind-blowing plots. Got any recommendations?
For the Fans point of view for idol anime, check out Oshibudo. It has an anime as well.

Dex-chan lover
Hear me out
Isekai - But it's just getting sent to a different country every time you get hit by a car. Tourism manga

Romance - But it's about shipping other people together, matchmaker style (still mad that that wasn't what "Kiss Him, Not Me!" was)

Slice of Life - But it's almost instructional on a bunch of "life" things, like how cooking manga teach you spaghetti, maybe this can teach you how to write a resume!

Tragedy - But it's treated like a comedy. And it's really clear that our protagonist is constantly suffering and will have a bad ending but lmaoooooo he loopdelooped on the banan peal

Philosphical - would love to see some casual metaphysical stuff like "oh damn I'm not real? Ok - sol tinted with the dread that everything isn't real

Harem - but the main character frickin dies chapter 1 and the harem goes through the 5 stages of dere grief

Gender-bend - but it like, y'know, more real - sprinkle some dysphoria, grass is greener mentality, how society treats the genders. Something that shows the difficult part of transgener and just being a girl
About the 'tragedy'.. i think i read that just a year ago. I forgot the title. It's about 3 yanderes competing to get the mc. The mc got suffering of course but it's a comedy it's a hilarious show. I forgot the title because the title itself is hard to remember too i think.

That author actually great in writing mystery too. Other title he made is my recommendation too.

This should be very relevant to this thread because he wrote unique stuff

Dex-chan lover
Actual aviation manga, like these. Either there’s a fixed home-base they fly back to after each journey, a mobile home-base that they fly from, or no home-base and they’re just flying from town to town. Some proper engineering content of maintaining the aircraft fits in nicely too.

Actual science or engineering manga would be even better, where characters perform experiments and build prototypes. But as far as I’ve seen this doesn’t exist at all in manga, and very rarely in literature as a whole. Not counting all the bullshit isekai protags reinventing soap or gunpowder and their authors regurgitating Wikipedia articles, or mundane “inventions” like stacking magic circles or chant shortening or whatever. Maybe a story focused on the team constructing an FSAE car, or making a battle-bot, or discovering that the earth is actually donut shaped and hidden by a conspiracy of nations and space agencies.

I guess engineers and pilots get paid too well to become mangaka.

Dex-chan lover
1) Isekai, journey through the multiple different worlds, like Tsubasa -RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE-

2) Racing manga based on real series other than F1 like Super GT, or even Endurance series like 24 Hours Le Mans

Users who are viewing this thread