What would your ideal world be?

Dex-chan lover
Let's just get to know each other by fantasizing a little. What would your ideal world be? It doesn't have to be an isekai scenario, also you can take it seriously or make a joke.

Obviously it would be world where i can decide everything like creating a world and it's setting eräising my memory until i would theroocally die and get them back to experience it myself with many different settings but it would also be lonlely which i already am so..

Dex-chan lover
My ideal world would be a place where technology becomes so advanced that there is nothing left to worry about because we let machines do the work. In turn, us humans are allowed to indulge ourselves in art and culture indefinitely.

It's a place where people make and consume entertaintment from morning to midnight; eternal euphoria. No worries, no stress. Our only job is to be entertained and entertain others. It will be an endless loop of satisfaction.

It's a place where the worst crime would be plagiarism, it's a place where the most creative and talented are treasured as celebrities. It would be a place where the rich and poor are concepts of the past because society has evolved behind the need of currency.

Its government would be trusted to an AI so no one has to worry about politics. Its environment would be fully controlled by human commands and automated programs. The sun and moon can ride and fall according to mood and wants.

Anyone can love anyone as there would be no need for reproduction: humans would not fear death because there is no such thing. People can echo their thoughts freely because everyone has achieved a sort of Nirvana of open-mindedness.

Food will be eaten for flavour and not satiety. Water will be drunk for mouthfeel rather than hydration. Sexual pleasure is merely an option amongst many as an option for entertaintment.

Joy will be felt everytime, everywhere. Melancholy is a feeling obtained from melodramas. Rage is an emotion against antagonists of stories. Fright can be harbored from horror movies. Disgust would be the worst punishment anyone could give.

It's just a world absent of anything that makes this world horrible in my point of view.

I just realized that I used future, past, and present tenses haphazardly all over the place. Hope that's not too distracting.

Fed-Kun's army
https://mangadex.org/title/33132/all-of-humanity-is-yuri-except-for-me
This but instead I'm also gay

Fed-Kun's army
A place where I no longer have to feel misery or 'negative' emotions and am in a state of eternal euphoria consuming anime and manga.

Honestly, there's not much about this world I would change. The only thing I really want is a government/society where everyone has the tools they need to solve their own fucking problems with as little collateral damage and other-people involvement as conceivably possible.

'Course, that "only thing I want" would probably snowball into some really sweeping changes, so kind of a crap shoot. I have a lot more thoughts on the matter, but I'll let them sit unless someone asks.

Mine is a bit extreme.

A world where lies can be detected. This premise is basically like psycho pass. I am aware that there's still conflict, but personally I think it's better if if such system exists.

A world where I don’t need to clearly say things, but others are able to understand anyway, cuz I’m always at a loss in a real conversation IRL, I mostly wish I were more honest with myself (and with others), but even if I am, I always have problem grasping everyone’s pace or have problem understanding their POV, and sometimes, the topics are just out of course, those topics and their discussion, either people should discuss it elsewhere, or give some premise!
I guess, more than the world to change, I want the society to.... wish people acted more mature, kind (caring & sensitively) and helpful, without asking, for once. If something like that became “common sense”, World peace shouldn’t be much farther!
And if everyone started to care for environment too along with caring for others, we can take down things like global warming too... no one would then need to fantasise to live in another world, if ours become better

Dex-chan lover
Star Trek: TNG/DS9/Voyager. No poverty, no hunger (on Earth anyway), no wars between humans, holodecks, FTL travel.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Well, one of the big things about solving your own problems is that it requires strength, knowledge, and commitment. Strength of body and mind, knowledge of yourself and the problem you are trying to solve, commitment to ensuring the solution sticks. Far too often (to the point where I would argue a majority of the time) life-altering problems only happen because one or more little problems are allowed to fester and grow far beyond when they should have. To put it another way, big problems frequently happen because one or more of S/K/C is lacking.

When a problem made up of many little things is averted, it's because you took a bunch of actions and made a bunch of changes, which then butterfly's outwards.

(this will be my last post here on the issue, since any more should be in the politics megathread)

Let's take type two diabetes as an example. T2D is the type that is almost always caused by poor diet and lifestyle, and it is usually cured (or reduced to trivial significance) by addressing those problems. You may or may not lose weight depending on other circumstances, but your general health and T2D in particular can be fixed and improved with small, consistent changes.

However, if all the people in my ideal world made the changes needed to get rid of T2D, ALL of these things would happen, and many others that I'd have to look at my cliff notes for.

Social Lifestyle Changes: At the most immediate level, all of these people trying to get rid of their diabetes would be effectively allocating a couple hours of their day to different tasks. This would change their social lives and how and where they interact with others, to the point where quite a few of them might experience sea changes in their circle of friends.

Sweeping market changes: As people start spending their time and money on different purchases, fast food would take a serious hit, and would likely have to make some kind of effort to revamp itself. Moderately healthier restaurants and chains would be mostly unaffected but would probably change their marketing. "Raw" foodstuffs like farm-to-market meats, fruits, and veggies (GMO or not is irrelevant) would see a boom and easy home cooking appliances like toaster ovens (especially the ones with actual baking and pseudo-grilling capabilities) and crockpots would be more common, leading to further innovation to make them better.

Massive healthcare shift: Right now, diabetes and diabetes-related illnesses make up a huge portion of medical budgets around the world. If T2D was eliminated, both it and the reduction of other related problems would cut many of those budgets by anywhere up to 70% as there is simply no more need for them. Any remaining costs in those categories would effectively become a niche market. Private (which is to say non-government provided) insurance premiums would fall drastically as people simply do not need to have as many covered instances on their plans. And the increased health of the average customer would make them a much less risky prospect with concurrently reduced costs.

Elimination of several politics: A great deal of politics today revolves around and is founded on promising people that an authority figure will fix it for you. The university will take care of your dispute, the police will keep you safe, the government will fix the environment. As people get more and more used to taking care of themselves, a lot of this will disappear because the tendency towards self reliance means that a lot of people will look for alternatives to what politicians are selling.

Dex-chan lover
My ideal world would be full of tomboys.
...and guns.
...and tomboys wielding guns.
...especially guns with historical presence.

...yeah, my ideal world would be full of tomboys. No musclegirls though, that's too much.

Dex-chan lover
me wake up everyday seeing that my dream world still not happening

Double-page supporter
Mine would be... Uhh... A foundation Me and... Okay let's just say me... I've built this foundation upon this mountain see? And my family and anyone else can use it to climb higher. And just in case they fall down, I'll be there for them, and help them find heart to try again.
Away from metaphors... Even more fantastical I'd like to live in a world where I could make my stories into Amazing looking animated movies with my mind (heh)! Imagine! I can see them now!
There's a deeper one though, but saying it would make it fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
R.7eaefd1e38d72e8e46ce7de5bb1d0517

Users who are viewing this thread