What'd the delay?

People have suggested a "completed" tag months ago but it still hasn't been implemented. Is it super hard to do or something?

@Drno

Thx for the thread; pretty lame that all we get is a Soon™ with no deeper explanation. And what do you mean by "chill"? Trying to flamebait or you seriously think I'm livid or something?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Everything gets a Soon™ because there are no strict deadlines or anything. We're working on this on our spare time.

If we had plans to implement and ship feature X on some specific date, we would give you that date.

@Teasday

Just feels like a "cart before the horse" here for me. Even shitty manga sites have a completed filter, yet mangadex still doesn't. And for some reason, this place has a "no chapters" tag that seems pretty much worthless. I appreciate you guys working on this in your free time, but like I asked before: Is it superduper difficult to implement? Yes or no?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@sugandese
- We've already had a perfectly viable tag filtering system in the search for quite a while, the only thing that's missing is a convenient global filtering system. I don't know if every other site has that or not, but I do know that a lot of them don't have to deal with stuff like language filtering, which alone complicates several performance-related aspects. The filtering is fine in the search because hundreds of users aren't constantly refreshing it, naively adding the same thing to the rest of the site is a different story.
- The no chapters tag is a relic from Batoto that shouldn't have been added here in the first place, I've agreed about that since day one.
- Adding publication status as a search parameter wouldn't be superduper difficult to implement, no, but since we're in the process of doing some significant changes to the entire backend, adding minor features before the major refactoring is done is not a priority, especially when said feature is not a particularly important one.

Putting the cart before the horse would be adding features before there's even a demand for them.

Users who are viewing this thread