Whats the coolest main character power youve see?

Dex-chan lover
Main character usually have a very basic power, and kinda boring. What the most unique one youve seen?

Dex-chan lover
I can think of PS2 Okami; there is a game mechanic where you can spend ink to "draw" strokes on the screen and they give different effects. Slashes, Element Manipulation, Time Manipulation (by making everyone drunk, thus making everyone's perspective of time skewed). It just boggles my mind how impressive this mech is for a PS2 game.

Another one I can think of is the Soulweaver class from DragonFable. If you know this game, you a real one.

Group Leader
If we're talking about video games then Katana Zero's pre-plan power. You basically replay the level over and over in the MC's mind until you get the result you want, then it becomes the canon event.

If we're talking anime I've always love Toriko's thing where you get stronger just by eating the best food that agrees with your digestive system.

Dex-chan lover
I think cool really depends on the art, and usually swords make it even more cooler
but then, yeah, it is not unique at all

if I had to focus on MCs that have both cool and unique powers, then I guess... death note and code geass?

for me, I really like power systems that are logical or understandable in the context or setting of the story,
where it has rules and laws and limitations (to some extent) that each character adheres to throughout the story,

that's why I like the power in things like Kekkaishi and Fullmetal Alchemist
it's simple, quite unique,
I think they are cool
but then they are not unique just for the MC

or Dragon Ball before it went GT and super and everything (I don't read past the original Z)

I hate any ex-machina powers where characters can just conjure anything out of nothing without any repercussion
but if we're talking about just the unique part, no matter how dumb it is
then... that isekai where he can kill just by saying "die"?

Dex-chan lover
If we're talking about video games then Katana Zero's pre-plan power. You basically replay the level over and over in the MC's mind until you get the result you want, then it becomes the canon event.

If we're talking anime I've always love Toriko's thing where you get stronger just by eating the best food that agrees with your digestive system.
Ahh the samurai PTSD

Dex-chan lover
that isekai where he can kill just by saying "die"?
That's dumb power, the story not gonna be thrilling if you could just kill everyone. Same with deathnote but part of interesting story is conflict, which is L & Kira mind. doubt that isekai gonna surpass death note

Group Leader
That's dumb power, the story not gonna be thrilling if you could just kill everyone. Same with deathnote but part of interesting story is conflict, which is L & Kira mind. doubt that isekai gonna surpass death note
Believe it or not the story is actually funny, mostly from watching dumbasses running up bragging about killing the MC, then immediately falling over dead. The anime for it came out a season or two ago.

Group Leader
I liked Enma Kozato's gravity power. Can make a black hole.

Idk if it counts but Transfer Student Storm bringer has extreme luck in fights.

Dex-chan lover
For me it's Jojo from part 9

His stand able to create bubble that able to take one aspect of thing. Like if the bubble target a floor friction the friction would disappear from floor

When his ability were awaken he able to create a string so thin it was bugged the universe, making it exist and doesn't exist at same time.

In Jojo you never get bored because araki is genius at making fights a mind game. No matter how weak or inconvenience the power is

Dex-chan lover
🤓 Errm actually, Part 9 is JOJOLands. The one you're referring to is Soft and Wet from Jojo part 8, Jojolion.
But I agree. It's kind of mindboggling how no one thought of that power before Araki did

Users who are viewing this thread