What's the worst isekai on here and what's the best isekai on here?

@Ihcky If its the same story linked, then yes.
I have read a lot of those types of stories, so I am not overly easily amused with them. But, the moment he showed off his ability to
switch characters
, I lost it.
I mean.... why? He has the ability to live a life with less problems, but chooses not to (yet complains all day about all the problems that he could easily solve).
Some tried to claim that he cannot change the personality of the characters, but.... well, if thats the case, then he programmed one hella weird final boss.
I mean.... I guess having an old man constantly beg you to call him 'onii-chan' would be rather creepy... the weirdest demon lord

See my two comments a couple chapters before I dropped it. Not sure how it progressed since then, and it probably wasn't a great match with me from the beginning.
And do keep in mind, There were about half as many chapters when I dropped it than there are now. If your still reading, you probably have a better idea of what the story is about

Isekai Nonbiri Nouka is really bad unless you like mega harem city builders that don't escalate.

Bad Isekai gets better in manga because the boring parts are often skipped and the art helps to improve the bad world building, good isekai gets decreased in manga because the parts about introspection and world building have to be cut off to fit the manga release, for this dont bother reading the novels of bad isekai and read the novels of good ones

Best:

Mushoku Tensei - The character development is great, but its so subtle that most people will miss it as it has few dramatic moments and is mostly a constant effort to improve from trash to a decent person, it has a world that moves without the MC and the harem actually has proper romantic development that spans several years and later turns into an actual family, this is the only harem ever i cared about because its not just an excuse for lame cliches and the girls have their own motivations and interests that everyone must make room for it to work, my favorite part is how people, no matter how OP must rely on family and friends to achieve great stuff

Overlord - very detailed world building, the main characters are good but the real plot is about how the world moves and changes as the MC & Co arrive and trample upon everything and everyone, is like an exploration of a world from the top of it, a great read for those who like history

Kumo Desu ga Nani Ka? - Great power development, the MC becoming super OP is well done and very justified in the setting, the world building is light but solid and the MC has plenty of charm, also, the other reincarnators are a good foil, not simply failed or stupid but actually interesting to watch

Bakarina - the must for otome novels, a lovable airheaded MC and fluffy adventures, an honest story of a girl who is socially OP (the great female fantasy) even if she doesnt realize it

Medium isekais:

Far Away Paladin - Good story, i just that the philosophy angle seems very normal to me and its more spiritual than the average isekai mostly because the average isekai is not spiritual at all, a "good is good and bad is bad" kind of development

Slime isekai - great start but loses steam as the story goes on, mostly because it has no purpose and the MC just reacts to stuff while building his city

Shield Hero - i cannot get over how stupid every "ally" is (except for the main party OFC) they are under the threat of world destruction by an alien invasion and they are more interested in petty competitions of status,if they are that idiotic the world would have been destroyed by themselves long time ago

Duke's Daughter - The MC is presented as a smart girl facing opposition but is mostly a perfect, pure girl being bullied by the evil bitch of higher status, she is a standard otome heroine who pretends to be a villainess in redemption

There are many others but this is getting long

Worst:

Re:Monster - not that bad but a case of wasted potential, the story loses any meaning as it goes on and its made worst by how much promising it was, not the worst isekai but the worst waste of potential for sure

Users who are viewing this thread