White Troika

Power Uploader
So happy to see someone translating this <3 Mizuno Hideko is such an important author, but there's next to nothing of hers translated into English, so I've been dying to read anything of hers for ages. This was one of the titles I was especially interested in, from the time when her art became much better looking, and with a story that sounded pretty fun. I'm not disappointed, but I was really shocked by just how much Ikeda was inspired by it when writes Rose of Versailles. Rosalie IS Rosalinda.

Group Leader
You, my good sir/lady, are doing God's work by bringing these classics to a wider readership. Coincidentally, I was reading Fire! right now, but I took a break from it to read Troika. I am so happy that more people can read a Mizuno work now and not only see her name in academic papers. It was interesting to see how Troika both feels like a classic shoujo manga of its time, and how it is also kind of progressive. The tsar was my favorite character in this story. I have a thing for lonely tyrants.

I'm looking forward to other Mizuno shorts.

Power Uploader
Thank you for seeing this to the end! I can't express just how happy and excited I am to see this fully translated. I think it's the first longer 60s shoujo to be translated into English (of course, aside from Tezuka). It does feel like Mizuno didn't have enough spce to tell the whole story, and so had to rush the ending, something you sadly see a lot in older manga... But still, it's such a charming, captivating story, and I'm so glad I could finally read it for myself after hearing so much about it. Once again, thank you, and I'm eagerly waiting to see your other projects!

Users who are viewing this thread