Why the King Needs a Secretary - Ch. 2

I love this scanlation group 'Bored Corona Kids'. They are very good.
Thank you for bringing so many fun manhwas and translations

Wait so this asshole's the ML? I don't see the difference between him and her childhood friend.

ah he's a douchebag but they have no relation w each other so it makes sense why he'd think she couldn't do anything for him But he didn't have to put it like that. ty to BCK for the translation!

What the hell kinda escalation is "Get this stranger out of my home" to "Nevermind, throw her into slavery instead"?

Oh so another rude ML lol figures

I’m rooting for the main character and her brother having a happy life.

Power Uploader
Why is she so stupid? She doesn't get the situation she is in at all.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, what a dude, not only did he sell his childhood friend(fate worst than death) that we can assume saved his life multiple times, he pretty much killed his second childhood friend by selling the only person that can take care of him. If MC doesn't ruin his life like he did to her, then we will be having a problem

@SirPunsALot No idea 😂

Kinda disappointed by the manhwa honestly. I had great hopes while reading the synopsis and looking at the cover but now... I dunno if it's just the adaptation that's bad but for a story like this it definitely looks childish. The whole vibe is awkward, I don't know if I'm the only one feeling that way. Not sure if it's the pace, the way emotions are not properly conveyed (looks a bit like children throwing tantrums)... I mean, the story itself is pretty dark but they made in a way so freaking puerile.
I think it would have been much better if they had done it in a darker and stronger tone like Your Throne, The Way to Protect the Female Lead's Older Brother, Death Is the Only Ending for the Villainess etc. In these manhwas we can feel the urgency of the situation which Why The King Needs A Secretary fails to convey. Maybe another scriptwriter?

P-S: Tx for the translation Bored Corona Kids 😊

My god, That Serek person is worst than any scum I’ve ever seen, even more than the emperor guy from Remarried empress!! Even if u didnt love her, u were friends for years, going through hardships together! And then boom suddenly he forces her to be a slave knowing full well that her brother is sick! Wow, I hope he gets castrated and burn in hell! Other than that, thanks for the translations! Hope to see her get her revenge!!

Aggregator gang
The MC's IQ level seems a bit... low. 😒

Edit: As for the ML being a dick... let's be real, guy is royalty. The fact that he's even entertaining a slaves pleas much less tolerating her clinging to him is already massively "polite" of him. Typically she'd just be beaten half to death or killed for it. Which she would know if she wasn't such a dunce. 🙄

Can someone who's more versed in medieval/victorian/whatever times tell me if nobles can do what he just did?? Cause first he's like "I don't know her, kick her out," to "Throw her in the slave market!"

I'm so damn confused, like can you do that??

@Kuroku2
she doesn't have family, she doesn't seem to have any close (powerful) friends, seems quite possible to me. Add in corrupt authority, who would fight for her? Also, women in these times had no real power, curious to see whether this will be the case here as well.

PS: correction, she does have a family, but her poor sick brother doesn't count, he's powerless himself.

@vofuro Thanks for the reply, given the circumstances, that makes sense. It feels so out of the blue, but with what you said, makes sense that he could do that. I appreciate the clarification! :)

Users who are viewing this thread