Why the King Needs a Secretary - Ch. 2

This story doesn’t make any sense so far. So, in this world, someone can randomly get mad at someone else, say “take them to the slave market” and that just magically turns them into a slave? A common knight can just turn people into slaves whenever he likes? Like... I’m sorry but that’s some trash writing. No build up or anything. I get that it’s to move the plot a long so she can meet the ml but they could’ve done something better with the material they have. I’m still super curious to see how things will be between her and the ml though. Thank you so much for sharing!!

@Silverkari
Yeah. I legit already hate the premise of making a childhood friend, with memories of protecting each other as kids, to end up this horrible. Like, what? People don't spend their lives together as kids, the most impressionable time of one's life, keeping each other safe and protecting one another, and then just toss them away like they were nothing. The only way that would be possible is if even as a kid, he only saw them as pawns. Which would make him evil from the getgo.

Thank you so much for picking up this series!
I'm curious to see where this is going from this point on.

Group Leader
??? How can he just send someone to slavery like that? Is this like what? Some backwoods rotten country? He's only an officer, not the king. Man.

And what? The king would just randomly come strolling in middle of nowhere finding a slave carriage? Uh... Not to mention the slave driver recognizes him.

jyc

ml hairstyle looks a bit awkward to me...

also i dont get why the friend's so awful to her considering their history. authors gotta make sure that the plot makes sense 😓 but eh, maybe there'll be better explanation

Well... ML is in power and pro-slaves apparently...
I’m not really into that but I guess it’s not really any different from the novels that just ignore slavery.

I really don’t understand any of this, the ml seems like trash and the ex boyfriend can just get mad at someone and make them a slave? That makes no sense. Usually slaves have a debt that makes them into property cause they have no other way of repaying it or they were born from slaves and its their status since birth. This method doesnt make any sense especially if the slums are as big as she says, then why wouldnt the upper class just round up all the poor an make them slaves? At least put some thought into your set up when you deal with an issue like slavery, author

This bitch is supposed to be our ML? Pro slavery, rude, mocking people on despair... are all men so useless in this manwha?

Group Leader
LOLLLLLL EVERYONE IS A REAL PILL

Asshole Ex: on top of CHEATING on the girl who stayed with him through the bad times he SOLD HER OFF TO SLAVERY???

ML: “I see you’re smuggling slaves and I guess I’ll do something about it later but for now just don’t be too mean to them UwU”

FL: Oh no I saw my bf cheating on me and I’m surrounded by soldiers under his command but IDC I’m gonna raise hell with no plans like a badass!!!

Later on: “oh no I forgot about my brother”

Also did she not see this coming with him climbing all the way up the ladder but doing jack shit to help his ‘fiancee’ out?

Dex-chan lover
You can be sent into slavery just for talking back, this place sucks

The men in this are all terrible. Are we actually meant to be rooting for Celestia and Trash Emperor?
I'm dropping. I like the male lead being a decent person. Not a 'your too mean to slaves. At least don't hit them but I don't really care enough about them" person.

Fed-Kun's army
honestly kill them all. god i'm so worried about her brother now??? no??? what's going on with him??? AND CAN HER EX DROP DEAD!!! if this is the ml he can drop dead too adfsljkdsf (i'm still gonna keep reading tho)

thank you for the update!!

Users who are viewing this thread