Wilted Flower

Double-page supporter
I honestly thought she was gonna die Or maybe I read the whole thing wrong
But this is some nice shit

Aggregator gang
Read this. Everything is nearly balanced. Not perfect but close.
Recommended
9/10

@Wawawelon Can you tag that as spoiler pls? Cuz That's kinda is.

Double-page supporter
@Msaid08
Idk how to tag as spoiler

Idk how to add a picture/bold letters/spoiler on here

Shit, never mind
Just googled it

Dex-chan lover
@Msaid08
Same feelings here, a lovely bitter sweet story. A part of me wants to see their relationship developed more but you can't have everything can you.

Aggregator gang
@Wawawelon Sorry I could explain but I didn't see the notification. Also there is a manga about how to use mangadex and stuff you can check it out if you want.

@_thestranger_ Yeah. I wanted to rank this 10 but there is no develop segment or there is nothing about them dating stuff so yeah, we can't have everything apparently.

The best way to read this is by listening to Achillea by Honeycomebear. Too fitting

Dex-chan lover
It was fairly good but somehow the
pacing and/or lack of hint to him falling in love with her or the depression from his mother's death was poorly executed.
My lack of relatability to
grief at 26 years old may have had a factor to the impact of what was presented but I genuinely did not a feel a strong impact.

Beautiful art.
Ironic mystery with good concepts but I don't think it was executed well as a One-Shot to how their relationship developed.
So flawedely that I originally didn't sense or expect an affirmed reveal to his love for her.
6/10.

... By chance, did anyone find out if this eternal flower is real? I didn't from my short research and I can't decipher what flower that is.

@waalex11 I must disagree with your criticism on
the lack of hints of him falling in love with her or the depression of his mom's death. The depression part is the most obvious core of his principles and his motivation. It's the catalyst for the entire one shot. It wasn't even hinted -- it was outright displayed to the reader. As for the falling in love bit, there were many hints that a romance was budding (pardon the pun haha). The willingness of him to talk to her, the mentions of him explaining many biological things to her, it's all there.
Obviously, that's just my perspective but I just wanted to throw that out there. Sorry for the wall of text haha.

Dex-chan lover
@DanTheMan6383
No problem. I actually appreciate a good fun debate on ocassion or critism.
In that perspective of what you pointed out, on second thought, I can agree that it is there.
Unfortunately for me, it just wasn't clear or strong enough to feel it somehow, personally thinking it was lacking power.

Similar to your awareness of perspective, I experienced and percieved it differently. ... It's kind of fun and interesting how people can have different perspectives to a story.

Dex-chan lover
The setting was ripe for topnotch writing, for a slow setup to a brilliant payoff.

Too bad it didn't reach those heights. Felt like a squandered opportunity. Still good though.

Users who are viewing this thread