Witch Hat Atelier - Vol. 7 Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
I love the design of the new teacher/apprentice pair, and their dynamic was adorable...which makes it all the more unsettling when the teacher acts out of character to tell Orugio not to help a child. And it's not like that makes him a bad guy, that's just the result of the witch's law being enforced and ingrained in their way of thinking. I still hope they show up more, though it looks like they're one-off characters.

Dex-chan lover
I hope they get to the point in this series where they realise never taking in normal born children with magical abilities is wrong too, it does seem as tho some compromise needs to be made between the good witches and the brimhats, or perhaps for a third group of witch to be made maybe.

The new characters are super fun.

Also yeah that mythological king looks an awful lot like Qifrey. Curiouser and curiouser.

Dex-chan lover
I think this chapter was really needed, with all the details said about witch culture one detail that was really bugging me was how normal folk interacted with them, more so the ruling class. A group of beings with access to a supernatural power isnt something they can just look the other way even if this group primarily works for the benefit of others.

Even now as much as i understand why the conspiracy was made this situation just isnt something that can sustain itself forever, we already see cracks in many aspects of their society, but like i said knowing how some of the crazy witches of the past were kings or queens that used magic to alter the world just to inflate their egos this situation isnt all bad.

But a new solution must be found, the witch society is reaching one of the most abhorrent states of being... stagnation.

Anyway, Suzie is a really cute kid she has much personality and a sound mind, her logic was really good really hope to see more of her and her teacher, and hoping for other side characters.

Dex-chan lover
Holly shit to think we got this far without such a basic chapter.
This is how you use side characters, they are not there just to support the protagonist and then remain in stand by, they have their own lives and their existence expands and enrich the universe in which the story takes place.

Contributor
Just when I was becoming giddy at the thought that the official scans would catch up—currently at volume 6—I find out that volume 7 is to be released on December 29. Sigh.

Dex-chan lover
"I suppose I can rely on Beldarut"
>Beldarut proceeds to fuck it up

Orugio is the best

Really interesting chapter. We get to know more of the world and how witches interact with it.

Pages 5 and 6 are the same. Anyways, thank for the chapter.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the wonderful job in this! The Typesetting is so so good!

Double-page supporter
@riflow
I hope they get to the point in this series where they realise never taking in normal born children with magical abilities is wrong too

The child had no magical ability tho. Remember all the magic in this world needs to be drawn, so it's impossible to have a 'magical power' that makes your hearing better.
Also remember the reason that they don't tell outsiders is bc they don't want to repeat the wars and stuff of the past, so there would be no point (in relation to this goal) to take in the kid. Now, if their goal was to make the best magic or something, (and it's believed that the child of witches are better at magic and thats why they keep outsiders in the dark) there would be a reason to take in an outsider child who was rly good at drawing; but that isn't the case here.

Users who are viewing this thread