Witch Hat Atelier - Vol. 7 Ch. 40

Dex-chan lover
That cover page is a big honking lie!!!!

Festival time, no rest for the wicked

Dex-chan lover
I call it:
Qifrey is going to be this series main antagonist.

Aggregator gang
@Sem Considering Orugio is his single closest friend and someone he knew he couldn't completely lie to when asked straight out, this is likely the first time Quifrey's used magic on this level in this way. But that doesn't tell us we won't see an significant increase in actions like this from him going forward.

Dex-chan lover
@zanonyn Whether they exist? Any kind of government need a secret service to keep functioning, so the question is more likely whether WE will see them...

Fed-Kun's army
Shit is hitting the fan. The contrast of the first pages and the last ones is just heartbreaking. We mostly just saw things in the perspective of the kids and of coco. Now what will happen to these kids now that we know Qifrey's real intentions? Will Coco get to see the brimhat who gave her that book?

(Orugio and Qifrey are cute when they were young ugh)

there's so much secret surrounding Qifrey's past. It's sad that he would go so far to keep his secrets...

Thank you sooo so much for the update ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Slowly but surely Orugio is becoming my favourite character of this entire series. As well as Beldarut, did not expect to like him as much as I did.

@thedestroyership probably helps a lot by not being generic isekai story #191031923 that there are so many of these days. It's refreshing to find any relatively new series that isn't an isekai, really wish Japan would just drop that genre already because no one knows how to write a compelling story or good characters for them. For whatever reason they just can't do deep, solid character development like this. Instead it's just constantly OP cardboard MC with Harem and boring no tension stories with the occasional awful side of slavery and rape. Let isekai die already.

me at the beginning of the chapter: we love a good bromance 😍
me at the end: oh 😬

Dex-chan lover
@Beregorn
Any kind of government need a secret service to keep functioning
Obviously that's not true, to take trivial examples our towns, cities and state governments don't have them (and in fact it'd be illegal). Fully sovereign powers arguably need them to compete, though the extent varies widely worldwide. But witches are in many ways already a secret society in many ways, and further their founding was heavily based around not dominating the world (and indeed preventing that) and definitely not using forbidden magic. So I don't think it's a given they have a body like that separate from the general enforcers who already seem to be a sort of multirole force (including some level of surveillance). It was just a thought because arguably that's the kind of force he needs to help him out or even outright join, but it may not exist, and if it does then by definition how is he supposed to find out about it?

@Samhill
"Artificial General Intelligence", an AI capable of matching or exceeding human capability on any arbitrary generalized task. It's a term to distinguish from the casual use of "AI" which gets tossed around for a lot of things these days that are just single task nets.

Orugio solidifies himself as best boy.

And Quifrey lost an eye to the brimhats and one of them its called Igun, the Lidless Eye..... Im going to guess he has his eye.

Anyways, thanks for the chapter!!!

Users who are viewing this thread