Witch Hunter - Ch. 223 - Gatekeeper

If I remember correctly, this guys had a thing for West. Since North is trying to revive West for whatever reason, I’m guessing he’s now working for north as a hired gun until the day West is revived.

If this is true, then he’s an idiot. Either North isn’t as bad as she’s being portrayed or she’s a total BITCH. Whatever it is, the risk isn’t worth it.

More than a natural transition, this feels like forced plot by the author. “Uuuh remember this guys? He was super strong and was a breath of relief for humans in this world. Well… Now he’s a bad guy!... fuck you!”

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@ZodiacTemplar
you're jumping to too many conclusions

1. he sort of liked edea florence, not west, edea florence is clearly related to west but it's not confirmed that they're the same person
2. he prioritizes edea florence's (who has always been on the protagonists' side) wishes, so it's unlikely he's loyal to north.
3. we really don't know how/why north is planning to revive west, and the great witches aren't really on the same side, so it's fully possible letting north's plans proceed smoothly (at least partway) would benefit tasha/humanity.

i don't get why north wants to resurrect west, unless shed be resurrected under her control or something.

Dex-chan lover
@Obsidians You might need to reread. He is a shaman. Shamans can control spirits like Tania's brother, Tarras, can control the earth through earth spirits.

This story is being dragged along in a very boring manner. You can't have people who are first described as OP then reduced to normal as the story continues just for a recognizable plot armor insertion.

Dex-chan lover
@macdon42084 what are you talking about? VihYung was introduced as being at least x2 as strong as the other white classes, with the only exception being Tania. When Diablo was introduced it was when he was completely stomped in the ground BY Tania he even comments how there was nothing he could do to beat her.

Huh~ another update so soon?! Blackmagic. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Thanks as always for the translations! ♡
I was way off lol though I was wondering what they were talking about when they mentioned a gatekeeper around when Tasha and them left WH guess that explains that. He doesn't seem super happy about helping North but he'd been working with her since at least then huh, I wanna see Tasha meet him

Fed-Kun's army
This arc moving super slow, same with the arc before this one.
Dragging the story out seems to be a trend for authors, with unique mangas i guess.

@Trippersigs22 he probably means diablo, although he has yet to activate his trump, the earth spirits did say he was losing life force -_-
My prediction is he'll pop out and do some big attack and still get his ass kicked.

Also its always nice getting updates back to back, thanks for chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@relic626 that makes even less sense if hes talking about Diablo as Tania and Vihyung are the only two WHs who we've always known could easily beat him. But as for the stories pacing and dragging: You have to remember that you aren't reading it as frequently as it's being written. Pacing would probably feel better if you were reading it at release

I totally forgot this series exists. And I can't remember shit of what's happening ;D

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@Frosemaryt
west is ryuhwan's master, edea is tasha's master:
they are pretty much identical, but ryuhwan doesn't think they're the same person:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/447496/15

read the wiki for a refresher of the details of them (because I don't remember everything):
https://witchhunter.fandom.com/wiki/West
https://witchhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Edea_Florence

Supporter
Pretty sure Vihyurang joined North because of Tasha. He said before that he was protecting Tasha as it was the last thing Edea Florence asked of him. So he prolly joined North, knowing that he could prolly try and help Tasha somehow if he was already at Tasha's goal point (I.E. protecting the path to his sister)

Users who are viewing this thread