With Her Who Likes My Sister - Vol. 2 Ch. 20 - Akebi's Past

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the surprise chapter!
Akebis father didn’t seem bad, he had real concerns. But mother sure must have some insecurity issues. Akebi throwing money at the problem didn’t seem to help either, looked more like it made it worse. The mother do look a lot better in the present now so that’s a good thing, new boyfriend seemed nice enough.

Dex-chan lover
old fashioned/work oriented dudes tend to be 'forceful' and think straightening them up in that way is the proper way. Hes dense but what he means is well, he just dont see right through the wife sadly and cant say the right words. at least hes reasonable enough to sign those papers and aware its not looking well for their marriage.
But, after all those years still could still see the tension between akebi and her mom.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, once again, a japanese manga author accidentally writes what is clearly a person with some form autism(Like me)

And once again it leaks out Japan's issue of not being well educated in mental health awareness.

Core issue in this arc being:

A japanese family who has no idea how to deal with their child being on the spectrum, so they just say:

"What is wrong with you?
Why are you not normal?
Why don't you fit in?"

I am lucky someone like me on the spectrum was not born in Japan, it seems like it would be hell on Earth to be on the spectrum there where seeking professional mental health help is socially shunned.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, once again, a japanese manga author accidentally writes what is clearly a person with some form autism(Like me)
Thanks for confirming that. I had an inkling, what with Akebi's difficulties with understanding social cues, but I wasn't completely sure.

Dex-chan lover

And once again it leaks out Japan's issue of not being well educated in mental health awareness.

Core issue in this arc being:

A japanese family who has no idea how to deal with their child being on the spectrum, so they just say:

"What is wrong with you?
Why are you not normal?
Why don't you fit in?"

I am lucky someone like me on the spectrum was not born in Japan, it seems like it would be hell on Earth to be on the spectrum there where seeking professional mental health help is socially shunned.
Man, people are so quick to blame Japan for anything, as if the rest of the world is so advanced, this happens everywhere and it's been like this for many centuries, the father goes "Just be normal, God Dammit!" and when that doesn't work because they don't understand about autism or anything similar they just throw the blame on the mom and excuse themselves saying "I need to work, is up to you" or something... That's sadly super common all around the world, in some degrees including domestic violence too, not just emotional.

The line "How is she supposed to do it properly?" didn't feel like Akebi's own words, it was more like the author's feeling about this very common situation, I live that too.

Dex-chan lover
Man, people are so quick to blame Japan for anything, as if the rest of the world is so advanced, this happens everywhere and it's been like this for many centuries, the father goes "Just be normal, God Dammit!" and when that doesn't work because they don't understand about autism or anything similar they just throw the blame on the mom and excuse themselves saying "I need to work, is up to you" or something... That's sadly super common all around the world, in some degrees including domestic violence too, not just emotional.

The line "How is she supposed to do it properly?" didn't feel like Akebi's own words, it was more like the author's feeling about this very common situation, I live that too.
No, no, you don't understand only and exclusively people with autism can have communication issues or trouble with expressing themselves properly in the whole wide world. Something something, Japan bad, everything sucks there because only overworked sarariman works exist there trust me I saw it on my chinese cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread