Wonder Cat Kyuu-chan - Vol. 7 Ch. 745 - Our Kizuna

Group Leader
i'll temporarily pick this up until another group does.

scans are done in 3d paint so don't expect GIFs or high quality. or even any semblance of quality.

translations are done by a chinese guy who doesn't speak japanese trying to interpret the words of a japanese guy on twitter who doesn't speak english.

Contributor
Helvetica: Respectfully bows out of translating a series as soon as it gets licensed, as the whole goal is to help support the official release in the first place

Other scanslators: Immediately jump in just a few days after

What’s even weirder is that it’s the Hungry Cat Kyuu-chan creator. It’s like if the crew of Dragon Ball Abridged just started to voice characters in Dragon Ball Super.

Dex-chan lover
@cromat Quality be damned thanks for picking this up.
I can't wait years for my fix with how far behind the localization will be.

Double-page supporter
So cromat just controls the entire Mangadex Kyuu-chan universe now

I'm not sure how to feel about that

Group Leader
support the author by buying the official english volumes or by liking the tweets where it gets uploaded daily.

avoid the watermarks by going directly to the source

https://twitter.com/twi_yon/status/1299104422526509056

Group Leader
Of course people wouldn't respect the decision to bow out of scanlation because it was licensed in English. I had some hopes because this wasn't the typical shounen and/or isekai fare that tend to be nabbed as soon as they're dropped no matter the licensing status, but I guess I was too naive.

Why am I not surprised it's also from the person who also utterly butchered Kyuu-chan and Helvetica's scans?

Contributor
Uh. I guess that's a compromise. On one hand, yeah I'm grateful for some translations, and having a giant watermark does make it clear that we should buy the official release, but on the other, it does still seem a little disrespectful to a beloved series (I say to the person who does Hungry Cat. Yeah I get the irony). My main concern was the likely lack of gifs in the official English version, so this static version DOES give more incentive to just buy the official version if neither are going to be animated.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's better this than someone actually picking it up (which face it, was inevitable). As long as it's passable, but not too horrible, I don't think anyone's going to "snipe" this. People who want to support the author and want to buy an unvandalized version will have bought it anyway, and people who just casually like Kyuu-chan will accept this and wouldn't have bought the volumes in the first place. It's still not great but not in the worst way it could have been done

.... hmmmmm

9MhDxBL.png

Dex-chan lover
@cromat While I appreciate the support for the official release, watermarks like this are against MangaDex rules (3.2.4).

Dex-chan lover
I had no idea this had been dropped or licensed. I looked but I have no idea where to buy the English volumes. The top google results are all Helvetica 😥

Users who are viewing this thread