Would like to delete all my old forum posts

What I'm asking for is in the title. There does not seem to be an option to do it manually.

I'm fine with keeping posts from after the site came back, but all the old legacy posts from 2021 and earlier I want gone. (Deleting all posts would be fine too)

I don't want to delete my account for the reader, but if there's a way to delete just the forums part I'd be happy with that.

If there is a way to do it on my end, let me know.

MD@Home
You search your old post/thread with advanced search.

Screenshot-2023-07-03-08-03-12-217-com-chrome-dev.png

Leave the Keywords blank (to get all post), change Posted by with your username, set Older than with 2021, you can select where to find your post specifically as well use Search in forums. Set Order by date then search (for easy tracking). Finally click search 😁

Screenshot-2023-07-03-08-19-06-518-com-chrome-dev.png

Finally you will get list of your post. From here on you need to manually delete them. Note that you can only change replies not delete them (old replies can't be changed). You only can delete your created thread you post by yourself.

Screenshot-2023-07-03-08-07-01-429-com-chrome-dev.png

PS: Can't give any further prove cz I never try to delete old thread myself (never post one, only replying other threads). Let's hope it still can be deleted

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
You search your old post/thread with advanced search.

Screenshot-2023-07-03-08-03-12-217-com-chrome-dev.png

Leave the Keywords blank (to get all post), change Posted by with your username, set Older than with 2021, you can select where to find your post specifically as well use Search in forums. Set Order by date then search (for easy tracking). Finally click search 😁

Screenshot-2023-07-03-08-19-06-518-com-chrome-dev.png

Finally you will get list of your post. From here on you need to manually delete them. Note that you can only change replies not delete them (old replies can't be changed). You only can delete your created thread you post by yourself.

Screenshot-2023-07-03-08-07-01-429-com-chrome-dev.png

PS: Can't give any further prove cz I never try to delete old thread myself (never post one, only replying other threads). Let's hope it still can be deleted

Users can't delete their own threads and can only edit posts less than 2 months old from what i can tell from my own posts.

On actual deletion though..

https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/forum-add-a-delete-post-button.1085667/
rdn said: ↑

Post deletion was disabled, just as it was in v3 times. Reasoning is that when posts disappear, it breaks the discussion and looks very dumb.
You can edit your post or request a deletion through the report function if needed.

https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/ability-to-delete-posts.1086684/
rdn said: ↑

I'll close this as a duplicate, what was said about posts also counts for threads. If there is a legit reason to have it deleted, you can always report it with a request for deletion.

Users can't delete their own threads and can only edit posts less than 2 months old from what i can tell from my own posts.

On actual deletion though..

https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/forum-add-a-delete-post-button.1085667/

https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/ability-to-delete-posts.1086684/
The vast majority of the posts I made weren't a part of any relevant discussion, but even if they were I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for it not to be archived on the forum.

I could go case by case and manually report every post, but that would be tedious not just for me but also for whoever ends up actually going through all the reports. Waiting for hundreds of posts to be removed is certainly not ideal.

I don't think people are scrolling through threads from 2021 and worrying about how it looks. I can't really agree with the logic behind that "looking dumb" argument. If any of the goals of this site is to have a good user experience, I think it is an important feature to have. But that's not even what I'm asking for.

I just want my old posts gone.

TGN

Dex-chan lover
You search your old post/thread with advanced search...
Can't you just open the 'Your Content' tab? Just click your profile in the upper right, open the tab, and all your posts are there.

rdn

Forum Admin
Staff
Developer
I could go case by case and manually report every post, but that would be tedious not just for me but also for whoever ends up actually going through all the reports. Waiting for hundreds of posts to be removed is certainly not ideal.
It would be tedious for whoever staffer deletes them too, and its a welcome deterrent for having users request hundreds of posts deleted until older discussions look like a wasteland of broken up and incoherent nonsense or we have to stop the process and make everyone else mad.

But we can meet in the middle. You have roughly 300 posts from ye olden times that span from being part of a replychain to W's and bruh's. I can offer you to dm me a list of 10-20 links to posts you really want to have deleted, once i had the chance to do that you can send me another list of 10-20 links and then we see where we're at.

Double-page supporter
Won't deleting account then creating fresh one solve this "problem"?

Edit: nevrmind, it's mentioned in the OP :/

Users who are viewing this thread