Writing Prompt: Just Another Day in Customer Service

Dex-chan lover
"HEY! WHERE'S EVERYBODY I WANT TO BUY A BEER!" Shouted a man as he stumbled round and round the front of the counter, as he repeatedly tried to fix the sleeves of his beige jacket from tickling the back of his palms; only for his wide swings to reinvite his sleeves down and disperse a pungent sweet and sour odor throughout the store.

In response, a skinny male with unkempt hair with an unremarkable pair of plastic-framed glasses emerged from the below the counter. "I'm here, sorry for the wait... Sir.", spoke the skinny man in a neutral and purposefully apathetic tone, befitting the faded out stripped-convivence store uniform he donned, pausing for the slightest moment, before politely addressing the ungentlemanly gentleman before him.

"Finally...Bloody kids nowadays, always so slow and so useless" Grumbled the older man as he misjudged the height of the counter and dropped his aluminum can 2 inches high from the counter, making a distractively loud pair of thuds on the counter as the can collided with the counter and fell onto his side to roll slowly along the counter.

The younger man's eye narrowed only for a slight moment, before he sluggishly and silently prevented the can from making its away over the counter. With the can in hand, the younger man glanced down and the brought the product to the scanner. In response, the machine gave a delightful beep* to cheerfully inform the men that the product was ready for sale.

Moments passed as the absence of the inorganic beep began to fill the store, finally the drunk man remembered that he was irritated by the peacefulness in the store and his scowl's contorted further before his lips parted to hurl a satisfactory level of abuse. "Hey, you useless brat. What's the cost? Hurry up! Not everybody is a dead end job just waiting for a piss!"

In response, the cashier glanced up with his frames weighing heavily on the bridge of his nose. "Sir..." He started slowly, "How would you like to pay?"

"Cash of course!" Angrily spitted the foul-smelly man as he continued to rant, "You young kids have no respect! You think everything runs on technology? Card this, Card that? Absolutely Ridiculous! I want to play by cash! I said Cash!"

"By cash? I see....." A slow smile started to gleam from the beyond the counter... "Unfortunately, all of our cash machines are currently out of order, I apologies for the inconvenience."

"WHAT!" Shouted the man as he slammed his palm on the counter with his noses flared up, "Tell me that first next time! Useless kids wasting time on everything..."

As the customer stumbled back outside the store, the cashier, breathe an unpleasant sigh before continuing to tidy the inventory below the counter. Nothing that happened was worth remembering.

Dex-chan lover
Date: Sat, Oct 28, 20XX at 7:24 PM
Subject: Gas bill additional charges
To: ND Gas Feedback <feedback@NDGas.com>

Dear sir/madam,

I apologize if this is not the correct address for my query, but this is the only email I could find on your website. Your phone service's opening hours says that the lines are not open on weekends, and I am at my wit's end.

I have been calling you several times in the last few months about some additional charges that you have been putting on my latest bills (the latest one's id is 1566644, if that helps). Both my online profile and your automated chatbot gave me an error when I tried to find out what it was for exactly, so I assume these fees have been put on by accident. As I found out that you have put me on a direct debit payment scheme that takes these payments directly out of my account without my permission, and that the only way to cancel this is through your unresponsive online interface, I have no way of not paying these incorrect additional fees.

I do not mind paying these fees if they are legitimate and there is simply a problem showing what they are for on your website. However, if they are not, I would like them to be fixed and have a refund for everything I have paid in up to now.

Regards,

V E

Date: Mon, Nov 6, 20XX at 11:05 AM
Subject: Re:Gas bill additional charges

Dear sir/madam,

I apologize for contacting you again, but unfortunately your automated email response that you will get back to me shortly has been the most feedback I've been able to get on this issue over the past few days.

I understand that this is only a complaints email and not intended for fixing issues, but I would be very grateful if you could forward my queries onto whoever would be in charge of this. I would be extremely relieved if this is resolved before the next automated payment is taken out.

V E

Date: Mon, Nov 6, 20XX at 12:15 AM
Subject: Re:Re:Gas bill additional charges

Dear sir/madam,

I'm not sure if this is any help regarding my issue, but I noticed while speaking with your chatbot Sara that when your phone operators created my online account, when I first signed on with you, they mispelled my name to 'Vitcor'. Could this be causing the issue?

Regards,

V E

Date: Sun, Nov 12, 20XX at 3:55 PM
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Gas bill additional charges

Dear sir/madam,

I am forwarding this email chain to you, as a reminder of my ongoing issue. It still has not been fixed, and I have not had any luck speaking to any of your operators. At least, the ones that aren't robots. While Sara has been very understanding about my frustration, she's as much help to fixing my problem as a dried turd.

Regards,

V E

Date: Mon, Nov 13, 20XX at 3:55 AM
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Gas bill additional charges

Dear sir/madam,

I apologize for the tone of my previous email. After reading your website's FAQ section once more, I only now realized that you may have a blacklist system for any abusive emails.

Please understand that I am very frustrated, and being abrasive and uncooperative is the last thing I mean to be. I have been a satisfied customer of ND Gas for several years, and my previous and no doubt unwarranted outburst was simply due to so suddenly encountering a problem after such an otherwise smooth and stellar service with your company. I am very eager to have my account fixed and to be able to continue enjoying being a part of the ND Gas family again, and look forward to hearing back from you. If this email address is not the most suitable one for these queries, would you be able to provide me with the most suitable email or direct phone number for solving this issue?

Thank you, and have a great day.

Best regards,

V E

Date: Fri, Nov 24, 20XX at 9:05 AM
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Gas bill additional charges

Dear sir/madam,

Fuck you.

Date: Sat, Nov 25, 20XX at 8:30 AM
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: Gas bill additional charges
Cc: ND Gas Payments <payments@NDGas.com>; ND Gas Disabilities Support <d_support@NDGas.com; ND Gas Opportunities <carreers@NDGas.com>; <sara@NDGas.com>

Dear sir/madam,

Fuck you.

Date: Sun, Nov 26, 20XX at 5:05 AM
Subject: Fuck you
To: ND Gas Feedback <feedback@NDGas.com>; <fuck_you>
Cc: ND Gas Payments <payments@NDGas.com>; ND Gas Disabilities Support <d_support@NDGas.com; ND Gas Opportunities <carreers@NDGas.com>; <sara@NDGas.com>; <fuck_you>

Fuck you.

Date: Mon, Nov 27, 20XX at 16:45 PM
Subject: Re: Fuck you
To: Victor Ellison <HuskyBaboon222@mail.com>

Hello Victor. My name is John. I do not work for this company. I don't know how you are sending these messages, so I hope this somehow reaches you. The Internet has been down permanently for almost a decade, and we are only just now starting to get things organized back to how they used to be. Your conversation with this email address though goes back for the past several years; how are you doing that? If you need help, just tell us where you are and we can send a rescue party to you. If not, you can find us at 37°14'3.60" N -115°48'23.99" W

Date: Mon, Nov 27, 20XX at 24:01 -- 
Subject: Re:Re: Fuck you

Hello John.

Can you help me with my gas bills?

Regards,

V E

Date: Mon, Nov 27, 20XX at 12:50 PM
Subject: Re:Re:Re: Fuck you

Hello Victor. I don't know.

Date: Mon, Nov 27, 20XX at 2:35 PM
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re: Fuck you
- 1 attachment (password.jpg)

Hello Victor. I dug around a bit in these offices, and found what might be a manager's login and password. I can't do much with it on this end, but you might be able to use it to bypass and fix whatever problem you have. Good luck, and take care of yourself : )

Date: Mon, Nov 27, 20XX at 24:01 -- 
Subject: Thank you

Hello John.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

V E

Date: Thu, Jun 8, 20XX at 00:01 AM 
Subject: Gas bill additional charges

Dear sir/madam,

I apologize if this is not the correct address for my query, but this is the only email I could find on your website. Your phone service's opening hours says that the lines are not open on weekends, and I am at my wit's end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread