X or O ?

Dex-chan lover
I grew up with with the PS1, it taught me "O = accept and X = decline"

I bought "Shadow of Mordor" and it made "X = accept and O = decline"
and now I'm used to it
No, I cannot just simply change it, because it'll also change what the X and O button do

I wish games can make it an option to switch between "O = accept and X = decline"

Which one do you use?
edit: wish there's a poll

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
JP games tends to have the "O to accept and X to return" right? Although I play variety of games, I prefer the "X to accept and O to return". or preferably "Triangle to return"

Dex-chan lover
I thought you could set polls?
Though I use X and O like you do. I've rarely seen O = Accept and X = decline though
If you play more JRPG, especially the older ones, you tend to see O = accept. And if it's in particular not a localized version, 95% it's gonna have O = accept.
I can change easily between button layouts so both work for me. My brain also maps Xbox and PS buttons (and their colors) interchangeably as well so anything works tbh.

Dex-chan lover
If you play more JRPG, especially the older ones, you tend to see O = accept. And if it's in particular not a localized version, 95% it's gonna have O = accept.
I should probably mention, that I don't play JRPGs or RPGs... haven't touched one in over 5 years.
Which probably explains why I don't see it often.

Users who are viewing this thread