Xian Ni

I am lost.Completely have no fucking idea.You understand how it goes but when it comes to development you have no fucking idea.Maybe if ı take notes while ı read this first time ı can understand but now absolutely no idea about ranking.

Dex-chan lover
This manhua is based of the novel Renegade Immortal by Er Gen. The uniqueness of the novel is due to the cultivation system and the main character Wang Lin(nicknamed Tie Zhu). The main character is not typical MC from manhua following righteous methods but instead demonic methods. The manhua does pretty well to follow the novel with some detail differences here and there. The pacing of the novel and manhua might be a bit weird but this due to it being Er Gen's first series so he hadn't fully fleshed out his writing style and technique in this novel. You should try to give it a read.

@kp114330 "The main character is not typical MC from manhua following righteous methods but instead demonic methods." really? i read some of the web novels and i can say that the protagonist choosing demonic cultivation for some reason or another is quite a common thing.

The child arc was pretty interesting... but after that it got lost pretty fast. Story all over the place.

Fed-Kun's army
In some ways, better then the Novel!! This deserves a Anime...

But yes there are scenes a little skipped maybe because it's a Chinese comic.

Li Muwei is so dam cool here.

@gameriuxlt typical nowadays? Yes. Typical when the novel was originally written? Not at all. This manhua is based on a pretty old novel (by web-novelesque wuxia standards).

@wykdfire Maybe but I'm not sure how much of that is true. I never checked release date when reading web novels but so many of them have a demonic or evil or dark kind of cultivation that it doesn't feel unique to me in any way.
+ the comment which i was replying to was posted 7 months ago not in 2009 when web novel was written.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just mean that protagonist with demonic powers isn't unique (Imho) nowadays regardless of how it was back when it was being written.

i dont know if i should drop or just put on hold. im so lost and tired of this wordiness.

For those who want to read novel : https://readwebnovels.net/novel/renegade-immortal/ , can someone who know say where is manga in novel now ?

Chapter 1-29: 8/10 Highly recommend reading. Good character drama and pacing

Chapter 30+: 5/10 WTF is this shit?

Is this really shounen? MC viciously murders people left and right, sometimes simply because they have something valuable to take. And the moral of the story is that with enough strength you don't need moral and ethics - you can simply murder all your enemies and everyone who disagrees, or those who simply gave you a look that you disliked. And once everyone who opposes you are dead you are the winner.

pwehhww...

caught up to chapter 153...

what a nice marathon... heehehehe..
time to pile up again..

Both the pacing and the story is a mess after the end of the Heng yue sect arc. It's like seeing mc growing like your son. Then suddenly mc becomes something you are unfamiliar with, and what makes it more of a mess is the unclear ranking system.
Author seems to have difficulty sometimes to put a meaningful line together
The ranking system itself isn't explained, and author suddenly wants you to figure out enemies power based on loose stage naming, when the only thing that we knew is numbered stages.
I don't think it is worth to read +1000 chapters novel just because manhua author decided to give us a summarized version, and to find at the end of it there was only some details skipped when overall story is the same.

Edit: If you're a masochist like me that can put up with +100 chapters of horrible pacing, the plot in my pov become more interesting in the chapters +120 and characters interactions become more immersing and interesting

Users who are viewing this thread