Yagiza no Yuujin - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Contributor
I do like how everything wraps itself together with little details.
Some mysteries like the supernatural veranda are charming because they remain as mysteries.
The whole aspect about how everything blows over to the veranda as if it was the world's shore is reminiscent of the visual novel Ame no Marginal.
I wouldn't say this is an exceptionally great story, but it is definitely enjoyable.

The story definitely progressed too fast, but I guess it just kinda gives us the experience from MC's perspective, and no unnecessary flashbacks etc.
Still totally agree it's too short, but not a bad read, at least had something short to read the raws of.

Somehow the combination of magical realism and mystery novel murder was especially irritating to me, they're fine on their own but together everything just feels so contrived. Of course, you could see what was coming from a mile out, there's only really 5 characters in the entire story so of course the girl is involved, and in the end I'm just left thinking "so what?" I have to say it was more interesting at the start when you think the kid really did murder the bully himself. Nice art, some good expressions on the character's faces, but the story was a big nothing to me. I dunno, maybe it worked better as a novel.

@kidohara A few elements, yes. But I think I meant just Murakami vibes in general.

Kinda sad seeing people not okay with the ending.

Dex-chan lover
So, he got the wrong person in the end. Well I might be wrong too since naoto did have the urge to end himself iirc but in the end it was sayaka.

@Cherry_PuNK saw this coming a mile away after reading the raws, there's a reason why the largest film industry in the world choose to have hollywood endings
i wish they cut out the last 2 minutes of kimi no na wa just to see how many people would go from "awesome movie, rewatched it 5 times" to "1/5 shit movie"
in any case, i think this bittersweet ending is more impactful and served the manga better, the tragic loss of life and mc's regret despite all his efforts will surely stick with me for a while

Aggregator gang
Like what someone said in the comments of the previous chapters, "By meddling with fate, you inadvertently play into it."

Beautiful story, but why would Hanjou kill herself? She had zero reason to end her life. Now her parents have lost two daughters to suicide. That is an unimaginable hellish nightmare for them. Hanjou at worst would have gotten a few years in prison and then gone on to live a happy life. Why would she give up?

Users who are viewing this thread