Yaiteru Futari - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - A Mess Tin and Freshly Cooked Rice

Fed-Kun's army
aww... it was too bad she couldn't even finish the meal before leaving but good thing hubby packed some onigiri.

Dex-chan lover
@Momomomca I know some, but that's just because I tend to go where other home-chef men go, and my clique at work is just a bunch of foodies sharing recipes and talking about what we just made.

@Assaultsquirt that would be the best scenario , the foodie man happened to be naturally around you lol. My friends at work they don't really cook ... But they eat :|

Dex-chan lover
@Momomomca I feel you. I'm the youngest one in that circle, and I'm 24. Everyone else I know who cooks is 40+. It feels like most young people don't know how to cook, which is a shame because it's fun to do. It's like all they use their fridges for is leftover takeout and beer.

@Assaultsquirt well me too only know the basic but .... maybe I just don't have foodie man circle. Esp young person, I mean most of them taking delivery rather than cook

@izumabakumatsu she started in ch. 9, but she also said she’s been too busy with work to even give them a notice of resignation, which is kinda fucked when you think about it
prob gonna have to juggle both jobs for a bit more

Dex-chan lover
@Momomomca Hey, it's never too late to teach yourself. I just got done cooking some bomb as hell garlic bread. Be the change you want to see in the world.

@Assaultsquirt wow garlic bread, last time I eat that I don't really like it even though it has a really nice aroma. -,-" reading this manga really makes me wanna do bbq right with marinate etc

Dex-chan lover
@Momomomca I've never been big into marinades myself, since I'm too lazy to prepare my meal the night before I eat it. Barbecuing is easy enough, though, even without a grill. I cook my ribs and my steaks in my oven. If I had someone to cook for, I probably would end up getting a grill, though. Definitely a propane one because charcoal is too much work.

Dex-chan lover
@ryut09 they aren't eating steak every week. In fact, only a handful of chapters have had steak. They are grilling all kinds of things.

Dex-chan lover
Oh... I want to go eat yakitori now... 😔

Also, grilled rice balls (yaki onigiri) is really tasty too. Eating at an izakaya with a mug of beer... 😩

Learning to cook is a gift that keeps on giving. It's control over one part of your life, it impacts your health and happiness, and it's something you can share with others. I see we have some young home cooks in the comments here and I'd say to them just keep practicing. It's not easy and takes some time to get good at, but it's worth it. As much as I love to do the cooking, I also love it when my partner cooks for me: it makes me feels special and loved.

Users who are viewing this thread