Yama no Susume - Vol. 9 Ch. 63 - Where is the first sunrise?

Fed-Kun's army
Great chapter. I wonder when the fan translator will catch up to the current chapter of the manga.

Group Leader
Great chapter. I wonder when the fan translator will catch up to the current chapter of the manga.
The chapters get a lot shorter in later volumes, so the rate of catching up should improve significantly. (Since we would put out more pages than the author does) But we're more than 10 volumes behind, so I don't expect that to be anytime soon.

Fed-Kun's army
The chapters get a lot shorter in later volumes, so the rate of catching up should improve significantly. (Since we would put out more pages than the author does) But we're more than 10 volumes behind, so I don't expect that to be anytime soon.
I'm guessing that there's not much going on in the later volumes or chapters then? I've noticed that there's a lot of chapters, like 200 something out, but yes that's understandable, as it would take time to translate the chapters from Japanese to English, to proofread & all of that so everything makes sense & is accurate.

Group Leader
I'm guessing that there's not much going on in the later volumes or chapters then? I've noticed that there's a lot of chapters, like 200 something out, but yes that's understandable, as it would take time to translate the chapters from Japanese to English, to proofread & all of that so everything makes sense & is accurate.
Nah there are things that happen, the chapters themselves are just shorter..so an event that would take 2 chapters takes 4 instead. But yea, we are slowly catching up with the raws. We have put out 12 chapters in 11 months now, and like Frain said, these chapters are about twice as long as the current ones, so we will eventually catch up if we don't burn out..it will just take a long time

I have heard complaints that not much happens after the 2nd Fuji climb which is in volume 16, not sure if that's true though

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Nah there are things that happen, the chapters themselves are just shorter..so an event that would take 2 chapters takes 4 instead. But yea, we are slowly catching up with the raws. We have put out 12 chapters in 11 months now, and like Frain said, these chapters are about twice as long as the current ones, so we will eventually catch up if we don't burn out..it will just take a long time

I have heard complaints that not much happens after the 2nd Fuji climb which is in volume 16, not sure if that's true though
I wasn't aware anyone else replied back since I don't check to see if anyone replies back or not, but thanks again for mentioning that. I guess that might not be that bad if an event in the manga takes 4 chapters instead of 2 to have something happen.

I also don't know if it's true or not if that happens from what you said in the spoiler tag or not, maybe someone that's read that far can maybe someday confirm whether or not it's actually true.

Users who are viewing this thread