Yamada and Kase-san. - Ch. 34 - Fukami and Kase-san (part 3)

Dex-chan lover
Yamada... One of these days, Kase-san is going to fuck up monumentally and your boneheaded confidence in her will be shaken.

But then you'll prolly both just power on through together using the power of love or something, so... Uh... Yeah.

WOOOOOHOOOO! CO-HABITATION AT LAST!

Dex-chan lover
Yep, this was a complete waste of an arc. Extremely artificial and stupid drama with this whole race thing, only for it to end with it having no impact at all. If you can remove a whole drama arc and it has no impact of the story/characters whatsoever, then it’s useless.

Dex-chan lover
Kase is still the worst GF to ever exist in any GL series and this chapter doesnt change that fact. We all know if she lost she would have told Yamada that she couldnt move in with her
She luckily said she would move in with Yamada anyways some chapters ago. That was the only smart thing to come from Kase in this whole second installment until now. Otherwise I 100% agree, Kase is terrible as a gf and for Yamada. Love how she keeps getting called out by Yamada's friends now, 2 chapters in a row (losing a nice apartment Yamada had to find alone, leaving Yamada alone with getting it signed, leaving the move to Yamada alone etc.) And Kase still dares to complain over and over (living next to Yamada's friend when she had 0 involvement in helping, the boxes not being unpacked)

Still hoping for the -Yamada stands up for herself arc-. I usually hate stuff like that but I REALLY think such an arc would be interesting AND make sense with how neglectful, selfish and just plain terrible Kase has been over the whole second installment.

Dex-chan lover
for how much they dragged this arc out it ended so anticlimactically

Yamada shouldering the whole move herself mentally, emotionally, and physically and Kase out there accepting duels for no reason like her name is Alexander Hamilton
Not only that but the friends and Yamada deciding that Kase was the one with the tough situation and not Yamada. That just reinforces my assumption that it's the author who thinks this is all fine and therefore there will be no moment where Yamada "puts her foot down," like some want or expect. Not to mention this chapter reinforced the idea that the race was still about deciding whether she moved or not, which sort of contradicts what I thought Kase had changed her position to in a previous chapter.

It all sours everything for me but hopefully I can just pretend none of it happened by the time the next chapter comes out. Not sure though because I imagine from now on (and with the authors blessing) Kase will continue to act this way and it'll be more difficult not to be annoyed by her after these events. She didn't actually learn anything. Neither of them did really. So we're still at square one, after an entire arc of this. You could pluck this arc out and have them start at the end of this chapter and it wouldn't seem like anything was missing or that any characterization was off.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
CBR-header-The-Evil.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Author please never bring us anything as dumb as this arc ever again
Thanks fuck the fluff is back

Dex-chan lover
Finally after months of the shittiest character dialogue and story arc to ever come out of a yuri manga its finally over.

Yay, Kase did it! Look how perfect she is! Now let forget how she almost ruined the relationship and move on to their wholesome daily life. Consequences? What consequences? Kase too perfect for that!

(I hate how everything is getting buried after this pointless arc)

Dex-chan lover
I hope we get fluff next chapter. Because that rice crackers diet was really hard to swallow (if you see a pun, it's intended)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah this retarded shit arc is finally over but it has stained the story forever. Sooner or later Kase has to face some consequences but Yamada seems to stuck with a doormat personality.

Users who are viewing this thread