Yamada and Kase-san. - Ch. 34 - Fukami and Kase-san (part 3)

Dex-chan lover
Glad this arc is over but sadly I have no faith that it won't just be replaced with a similar drama filled arc

Double-page supporter
This arc was really fucking dumb. It would have been SLIGHTLY better if Kase lost and immediately went "Wow, you're really fast. I'm still moving out though, bye." I have zero faith in Kase after this arc and that would have restored it at least a little bit.

Dex-chan lover
that's it? that's the dramatic conclusion? i don't even feel relieved that it's over, i just dread what's to come. it's only been like 6 chapters of full-blown drama (this time at least) but it was so pointless and hackneyed that it diminished my enjoyment of the good parts of the story that i've already read. dropped.

Dex-chan lover
So clearly what this arc was building up to and what we're supposed to take away from this finale was how utterly loving and princely Kase is for taking the race seriously and winning for Yamada. We're supposed to be like aww, she's a wonderful girlfriend because she didn't goof off, look how she gave it her all, and judging by the "You thought I'd lose?" line we're supposed to find it charming that she's that confident in her skills. While failing to realise that a good girlfriend would never have agreed to the terms of the race in the first place. I don't care if you're Usain Bolt. She didn't have to tell the dorm girls about her relationship if she didn't want to, but it wouldn't have killed her to at least say that someone is financially depending on her to move out. So basically this whole plot was a big nothing burger.

With how often Fukami has been noticing Kase having a partner and thinking it's a boyfriend, it really feels like it's been building up to that reveal. I thought this chapter would resolve that foreshadowing but I guess not.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You could pluck this arc out and have them start at the end of this chapter and it wouldn't seem like anything was missing or that any characterization was off.
Honestly this felt like such a time waster of an arc. No story development, no lessons learnt, no character development, nothing.
The 9 months it took to get all these chapters out could've definitely been used more wisely.

Dex-chan lover
She luckily said she would move in with Yamada anyways some chapters ago. That was the only smart thing to come from Kase in this whole second installment until now. Otherwise I 100% agree, Kase is terrible as a gf and for Yamada. Love how she keeps getting called out by Yamada's friends now, 2 chapters in a row (losing a nice apartment Yamada had to find alone, leaving Yamada alone with getting it signed, leaving the move to Yamada alone etc.) And Kase still dares to complain over and over (living next to Yamada's friend when she had 0 involvement in helping, the boxes not being unpacked)

Still hoping for the -Yamada stands up for herself arc-. I usually hate stuff like that but I REALLY think such an arc would be interesting AND make sense with how neglectful, selfish and just plain terrible Kase has been over the whole second installment.
I personally just hope that Yamada would slap Kase in the fucking face and break up with her and actually find someone that both cares about her, loves her and respect her, cause Kase aint doing any of that

Dex-chan lover
This arc was ret..stupid as hell. Had Kase shown any guts she would’ve told everyone at the dorms to fuck off

Dex-chan lover
Nós I wonder if Kase will woman up and carry the part of the deal, coming out to Fukami and saying she has a gf.
It will be a big deal since Japan is so homophobic, so I hope this will be a good chapter but I do t hold my hopes up

FINALLY THIS STUPID RACE IS OVER OMFG.

I'm so mad Kase put Yamada through all this bs. I hate her and her dumb roommate. I hope both girls have learnt their damn lesson.

I want to see Kase x Yamada fluff but I also want Kase to be held accountable for her irresponsible behaviour. I also hope the roommate calms down and realises Kase already has someone important to her.

I've read a few yuris and this arc has to be one of the most frustrating arcs I've read. Did we really have to go through all this?

Dex-chan lover
I think it would have been good is Kase lost. then told her roommate, "Of course I am still moving out. We aren't children and you can't change your life like that because of a bet. My parents are paying half the rent and all the arrangements have been made. Plus after I take a shower I am going to dive into my girlfriend and mess her up. So you and your fingers have fun tonight!" That's how I think it should have gone. At least it could have ended with them going to bed. This whole series seems to pretend when Yamada first moved in that they didn't go all the way. Still don't know why they get so flustered. I know she stayed overnight on multiple occasions.

I hated this arc as much as i liked the manga and now i'm stuck with forever trust issues toward Kase-san because the author showed how retarded he can make her act for the sake of the plot
Me too!! I loved this manga sm but this arc was so frustrating to read. I've also come to dislike Kase for everything she did (or didn't do, bc girl couldn't have avoided all this if she wanted to or if she had two functioning braincells).

I personally just hope that Yamada would slap Kase in the fucking face and break up with her and actually find someone that both cares about her, loves her and respect her, cause Kase aint doing any of that
Agreed. I can't trust or respect Kase after everything she put Yamada too. So irresponsible and selfish.

Dex-chan lover
It is amazing that as much as we all hate this stupid arc and think that Kase is the worst girlfriend ever, we still read it. I hope this event makes Yamada more forceful and starts laying down some boundaries. If they are living next door to Yamada's friend, I hope she doesn't say stuff like we can't be too intimate because she is next door. In fact I would like her to complain a little about the noise. I remember apartments. My neighbors use to overpower the insulation.

Dex-chan lover
So, like, I get that the point of this arc was to specifically create a situation where Kase & Yamada had to move into the same building as the friend (it was foreshadowed twice) but wow was this a horrible manner in which to go about it.

Like really, even if you specifically wanted to do the race thing, all you had to do was have it so that the school itself felt she had to remain in dorm in order to maintain her performance. At least then the race would serve to prove that she didn't need to or something.

i think im the only one who kinda wanted kase to lose just so it fucked up the whole move and yamada would finally stand up for herself and there would be actual consequences for kase being so selfish and stupid

Users who are viewing this thread