Yamada to Kase-san. - Ch. 13 - Tapioca and Kase-san

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I gotta ask. Is there a meaning to the characters that make up the eyes and noses of the unimportant background characters, or is it merely a text smiley reference that's become a genre convention?

@mekrabbat it's just characters that are supposed to look like eyes and noses. they don't mean anything, but the eyes are the hiragana for the syllable "no", the nose for "mo", and the mouth for "he".

Dex-chan lover
@mekrabbat

There's a pre-existing practice, popular especially amongst Japanese children, of drawing faces by using those glyphs. I think that Takashima uses it as a jocular way of indicating characters who are little or no more than extras, where other mangaka would leave blank faces.

Dex-chan lover
How to tell the artist's priority in who's faces to draw.

Double-page supporter
you basically have to read this entire manga on edge because i think the entire manga at this point is about how jealous yamada kase can make her girlfriend by associating with other girls that want in her pants.
it feels like the author is going to throw in an arc where yui-chan gets NTR'd by accident or by some misunderstanding.

edit: fixed name

@unknownids Uhh I think you mean Kase make her gf jealous. Yamada is Yamada Yui the small girl who is obsessed with plants. Kases gf.

Really though the series seems to be mainly misunderstandings of thinking they going break up and is upset with the other and jealously.

Also people should buy the first series volumes as there is changes and added content that wasn't in the chapter releases that got fan translated. Especially in the final volume.

Double-page supporter
It is either Yamada getting jealous or Kase protecting her from boys hitting on her.

I felt like they resolved most of these issues in the prequel, but the sequel is just repeating it all again.

@Heimdal Chapter 2 and 3 translated here for Yamada to Kase-san are in the volume 5 of Kase-san, those might be the extras your on about?

@Babydel Uh no. In the first series the author makes changes and adds things in the volume releases. For instance at the end of vol 5
you fully see them have sex head between legs and all not just the start and after.

Double-page supporter
@Heimdal Just checked, didn't realise that! Maybe I should the whole released volumes, only read 4 and 5.

Dex-chan lover
Kase still gets all the girls :D They don't care that she's a girl, they just think she's cool.
For people who live in wooden tents which they call houses, they sure are picky about their lodgings.
Inoue has a nice little scam down the beach and then some.
Next chapter: Sex on the beach and Kase-san :)

Dex-chan lover
Oh god, Tanned Kase is hot. No wonder they all wanted pictures with her.

Dex-chan lover
If guys are giving oil misrepresented as sunblock to Kase-san, then they need to be punched in the head every fifteen minutes until either they reverse the damage to her skin or they die.

Dex-chan lover
With regards to the criticisms that this series covers the same ground multiple times, and that's probably fair, but I find that I don't mind that much anyways.

"Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs. And what's wrong with that?"

Users who are viewing this thread