Yamada to Sensei - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Beast and the Ocean (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
I think she wants to graduate first.

Nah just kidding this guy just needs some help from a psychiatrist.

He just went out and confessed... nice

And that rage. OMG

Double-page supporter
That guy definitely needs help. But that girl is also kind of misleading. Now I am interested on how it will turn out between them

Dex-chan lover
Poor guy.

I think this chapter really shows that the "beast" is a facade. Notice how something so crucial, something so pivotal, leads to him not actually hurting anyone but himself. If he really was as cruel, vindictive, and vitriolic as he portrays himself as, and if he really was as forceful in terms of sex as he appears, then he probably wouldn't have calmly just kinda taken it and waited to release his anger later.

I think before he was trying to push her away so he wouldn't have to face the facts and so he wouldn't hurt anyone, but she got too close and now he can't live with himself for it.

I think that's why I found him so much more sympathetic then many other people do.

@KamiKira00 No one said the girl was completely mentally there, either. I think she kinda has to be a bit off her chain if she's this determined to reform him with no romantic connection whatsoever. Interesting.

@Komeoww I like to think you can hear the Rolling Stones' "Paint It Black" playing at that scene as he throws the chairs

based on the silhouettes one of the lesbians has big boobs and we've only actually seen one of them. I have the feeling that the theory that I've seen here and elsewhere might be true and Yamada is one of them

Dex-chan lover
The girl did what a lot of shitty woman do is lead on and the guy fucking fell for it too. Youre a damn teacher. Get some help.

Dex-chan lover
Suddenly, a lot turn they back on Yamada just because she don't offer...
Who know ? it look a lot clearer when i think she see their relationship like Mother and son ? I mean who else will put up with all his shit ?
Or daughter and a abuse father ?

Dex-chan lover
He's fortunate that Yamada still tries to heal him with kindness, after all the garbage that he threw, even his close friends would beat the crap out of him, force him to touch rock bottom and seek professional help.

Now with that out of my system, mental health and specifically depression is still a taboo topic in Japan?

Contributor
Still trying to figure out why this is tagged this as [Comedy] here on MDex, compared to say, M-U.

tags.png

Power Uploader
How did these two suddenly get so close? This is the most surreal and inexplicable relationship. Didn't Yamada ask whether they were dating one chapter ago, with Takahasi scoffing at the idea?

SaeZZGm.png

@justforthelulz MangaDex's tags are pretty much based on expectations and stereotypes.

So many things are tagged “romance” that aren't, simply because the two main characters are male and female.

Users who are viewing this thread