Yamima no Mamiya - Vol. 5 Ch. 28 - Evil Bird

thanks for the chapter! although i think for the wait pattern itd be called 'kanchan' in full and not really abbreviated to just 'kan' - or at least ive personally never seen it done but i could be mistaken

thanks for the chapter! although i think for the wait pattern itd be called 'kanchan' in full and not really abbreviated to just 'kan' - or at least ive personally never seen it done but i could be mistaken
I agree

Abbreviations like kan-5-sou and pen-3-pin are standard in Japanese terminology, but it's rarely seen in English texts.

Thank you for reading! You're correct in that we pretty much only call it "Kanchan" in English-speaking communities. Just like what was said above, it's common to call Kanchan/Penchan just "Kan/Pen" in Japanese and that was what was originally said in the text. I kept as is because it saves some space and since both terms are interchangeable, I didn't see the full need to extend it out to "Kanchan" if it wasn't in the original

Thank you for reading! You're correct in that we pretty much only call it "Kanchan" in English-speaking communities. Just like what was said above, it's common to call Kanchan/Penchan just "Kan/Pen" in Japanese and that was what was originally said in the text. I kept as is because it saves some space and since both terms are interchangeable, I didn't see the full need to extend it out to "Kanchan" if it wasn't in the original
i see! thank you and @Nine_Gates for explaining ^-^ i hesitated to even bring it up cause its perfectly understandable as just 'kan', now i know i was indeed mistaken lol

Users who are viewing this thread