Yancha Gal no Anjou-san - Vol. 12 Ch. 144 - Seto-kun Can't Help Falling in Love

Dex-chan lover
Has there ever been anyone this much of a pussy they run away from their girlfriend because he's too attracted to her? This is so not believable
The "Main character who's a huge pussy about literally everything gets a bad b1tch" trope is so exhausting. Like gotdamn, how many times is he gonna be surprised and embarrassed when shown a shred of physical attention from his GIRLFRIEND? And make one of his 5 existing facial expressions??
I'm genuinely only still reading this for Inuyama and Toyoda. That relationship so far is actually realistic and interesting.

Dex-chan lover
The "Main character who's a huge pussy about literally everything gets a bad b1tch" trope is so exhausting. Like gotdamn, how many times is he gonna be surprised and embarrassed when shown a shred of physical attention from his GIRLFRIEND? And make one of his 5 existing facial expressions??
I'm genuinely only still reading this for Inuyama and Toyoda. That relationship so far is actually realistic and interesting.
You might want to read the last chapter of Nagatoro. It heals the soul after stuff like this.

I still have some hope for Seto. If freaking senpai~~ can do it, so can this dude.

Aggregator gang
Hey, here is an idea. How about having a father (figure) around that can explain to their sons that it's perfectly normal to feel horny around your crush/girlfriend?
Mangakas be like: We don't do that here :v

Dex-chan lover
Why do all JP manga have trouble with sex? Like it is fine to be horny you know. Maybe that is why the birth rate is so low.
It's a Japan thing. Sex is seen as indecent and keeping it in check is respected. I agree, there's nothing wrong with feeling horny, especially for someone you're in a relationship with but there's definitely a double standard with guys everywhere in the world, not just Japan. Men horny = bad.

Dex-chan lover
I had seriously hoped this manga would grow out of this shit shown again in this chapter after they've started dating and kissed, but nope, here we are again.

Dex-chan lover
This is quite saddening that the author doesn't want Seto to proactively hug Anjou every time they have an opporutinty to do so.

Dex-chan lover
even though he confessed and they're dating and everything, Seto's feelings keeps overflowing lol. its nice to be able to see even more sides of their characters, be it Anjou worried that they're too clingy or Seto getting pissed enough to slam a guy into a wall. I grin like an idiot every time

Dex-chan lover
Ah, The epitome of cleavage. It's back at last. What a feast for the eyes
It's the partner of the guy that pissed Seto off a few chapters back.
Oh. I didn't notice. Thank you.
You can skip this chapter then, right?
I had seriously hoped this manga would grow out of this shit shown again in this chapter after they've started dating and kissed, but nope, here we are again.
Why would you raise such hopes? It's weird to do so. Illogical

Dex-chan lover
Why would you raise such hopes? It's weird to do so. Illogical
Why would I not? What's the point of progressing their relationship and showing character development when you revert and roll it back to step one right after?

Dex-chan lover
Why would I not? What's the point of progressing their relationship and showing character development when you revert and roll it back to step one right after?
The point is it leads to more chapters, and more chapters means more sales, means money money.

So the point is money.

It is unfortunately not the first nor the last romcom author sacrificing good content plot and character dev. for the publishing side of things. It is extremely common in fact.

There is little to say to it, other then that it should have ended if the author does not know how to write anything else anymore. Let's face it, this story and the plot was never exactly what you would call stellar.

For those interested in some actual plot, maybe check out The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity for something slow paced, or The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten if you prefer something with great art style. The anime is airing right now, and it is pretty good. Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai has also been really good.

But this stuff is the same reason why Bisque doll and Kubo won't let me be invisible haven't gone anywhere. It is milking the chapter count. The story that was supposed to be told seems to have already finished ages ago.

I still have some hopes this can get back on track though, since that chapter where Seto attacked the dude, but... maybe not. We shall see.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks Hato, I am aware why the author does it - bloat the manga for more chapters to milk money from it longer, as you said - I had just hoped they wouldn't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread