Yande Kita Mahou Shoujo no Nichijou - Ch. 6 - The Daily Life of a Not Yet Mentally Ill Magical Girl...1

Dex-chan lover
What a bitch :smug:
Who? The friend? I don’t think she was bad, she was honest and straightforward with it. Maybe she can be seen as bad for leaving her friend, but I don’t think so, especially not a child. Being friends with someone that suffers from depression easily transfers over that negative energy and affecting them as well. It is sad but you cannot expect friends to act as a psychologist for you.

Dex-chan lover
tbh I expected things to be even worse, somewhat happy it's not what I thought.
I think some authors go overboard with the amount of suffering they inflict to their characters, as if they felt a need to reach a certain threshold of misery to carry a point across. I mean, it's easy to add multiple scenes of hardcore bullying, parental abuse or romantic rejection, to the point it looks artificial and becomes hard to relate to.
The average person's troubles tend to be less spectacular than that, so I think a subtler touch with implied imagery is a good fit here.

Dex-chan lover
I think some authors go overboard with the amount of suffering they inflict to their characters, as if they felt a need to reach a certain threshold of misery to carry a point across. I mean, it's easy to add multiple scenes of hardcore bullying, parental abuse or romantic rejection, to the point it looks artificial and becomes hard to relate to.
The average person's troubles tend to be less spectacular than that, so I think a subtler touch with implied imagery is a good fit here.

That might definitely be the case. I am just happy it didn't go hardcore. However presently, I believe that we need a lot more context.

Dex-chan lover
LOL not very good friends (tho i feel like not getting an apology would offend preteens more than acting like nothing happened)

Who? The friend? I don’t think she was bad, she was honest and straightforward with it. Maybe she can be seen as bad for leaving her friend, but I don’t think so, especially not a child. Being friends with someone that suffers from depression easily transfers over that negative energy and affecting them as well. It is sad but you cannot expect friends to act as a psychologist for you.
does seem harsh but it is odd that she's saying 'stay away from us' when she's not even the one crying, unless they just wanted an excuse to exclude her from the friend group, we don't know if the friend crying would've forgiven her/been wiling to move on unless she said something super harsh assuming she lashed out (tho she seemed to have the lethargic kinda depression as opposed to the manic kind where she'd do something 'risky' bc someone not caring if they live or die)

Dex-chan lover
I agree. Her friend actually "broke up" their friendship in a very mature way. Stated why with no blaming, and set boundaries. Pretty surprising for someone their age.

Remember, nobody owes you their friendship or time. Just like in a romantic relationship, people are in their right and free to break off with you for whatever reason.

Dex-chan lover
It is always the little deaths...

On the scene at school, I feel we are missing way too much context to make any kind of judgement. What actually happened? Was this something common or a one off? Who is this "friendship breaker" girl and what was her relationship with everyone involved? Too many questions, so little context.

Supporter
She was definitely bad, just not the explicit kind. Words hurt, and hurt even more for someone who is suffering, their brain will just turn the most simple friendship end as the biggest deal of their life and something that will scare them from developing new bonds because they're worried "its gonna be the same as with X-chan". It's true that no one is responsible for "strangers" but lacking the empathy of making it a slow cut, transitioning back to classmates slowly n stuff instead off just throwing away someone who thought of you as a friend for who knows how long because of 1 thing is just cutting open the wound but blaming the bacteria for making it hurt

Dex-chan lover
She was definitely bad, just not the explicit kind. Words hurt, and hurt even more for someone who is suffering, their brain will just turn the most simple friendship end as the biggest deal of their life and something that will scare them from developing new bonds because they're worried "its gonna be the same as with X-chan". It's true that no one is responsible for "strangers" but lacking the empathy of making it a slow cut, transitioning back to classmates slowly n stuff instead off just throwing away someone who thought of you as a friend for who knows how long because of 1 thing is just cutting open the wound but blaming the bacteria for making it hurt
From the little they said we can infer that this is not the first time our magical girl has hurt one of her friends in similar way, and it looks like that girl was really hurt by whatever happened as she keeps crying in the background. Not wanting to be friends with someone who keeps hurting others is reasonable, and it’s not their responsibility to endure that just so she could feel less bad about it. Personally I would find it worse if they just started ghosting her.

Users who are viewing this thread