Yandere Ka To Omottara Motto Yabe Onna Datta - Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
How does she know about purgatory? Christianity isn't very widespread in Japan, and I'm not aware of the concept of purgatory anywhere else
People still know about Christianity in Japan, plus it’s a translation so there’s the chance it was just what worked for translating
So a lot of people don't actually expect this but Japan has a small obsession with Christianity from the perspective of an outside viewer. It's pretty counter to everything they know so that aspect often interests them. It's why there are entire series are based off takes of biblical themes, or creatures ostensibly named after Biblical entities all over the manga industry.

It's just something they find fascinating because it's so alien to them and their world view, even if they don't necessarily believe in it.

Dex-chan lover
The yanyanyanyanyanyanyanyandere girl getting less and less yan day by day
Oh no, she's clearly not getting less yan by the day, she's simply far less prone to unprovoked harmful behavior and more into (over)protectiveness; even with that close-call a few chapters ago, she was easily convinced to seek a non-violent approach to the problem once she vented enough of her rage in private (thanks, Underboss-kun, for tanking her violent tantrum), admitted to her confidant that she is very unsure of how to deal with things like this (too sheltered to know better), and ended up wallowing in self-deprecation and almost giving up on Higashi when she confronted him about it.

That is not standard yandere behavior. I would even dare say that she has a tendency towards something close to the self-sacrifice type of yandere (yes, that's a thing).

Fed-Kun's army
So a lot of people don't actually expect this but Japan has a small obsession with Christianity from the perspective of an outside viewer. It's pretty counter to everything they know so that aspect often interests them. It's why there are entire series are based off takes of biblical themes, or creatures ostensibly named after Biblical entities all over the manga industry.

It's just something they find fascinating because it's so alien to them and their world view, even if they don't necessarily believe in it.
The Seven Deadly Sins feature prominently as in that anime, FMA, Re:Zero, and a bunch of other, less famous cases.

It's like asking 'How does an Irish person know about the Buddhist concept of 'achieving Nirvana'?'

Dex-chan lover
How does she know about purgatory? Christianity isn't very widespread in Japan, and I'm not aware of the concept of purgatory anywhere else
It's not? Don't they celebrate Christmas to a degree? Not to mention there's plenty of Christians in Japan afaik, even if it's not the dominate religion. (They creep in everywhere, you know?)

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I feel like those from Japan might get culture shock if they came to central London.
I understand yet the reasoning, yet can't fathom the idea of not being able to display affection for a loved one in public.

Thanks everyone at forty-four minute scansKeiretsu for the translation

Double-page supporter
Now I wonder, has any series ever had someone kill a yandere with a sudden burst of affection?

Dex-chan lover
It's not? Don't they celebrate Christmas to a degree? Not to mention there's plenty of Christians in Japan afaik, even if it's not the dominate religion. (They creep in everywhere, you know?)
According to Wiki, there are just shy of 2 mil. Christians in Japan, which is around 1.5 % of population. So not much, and also some churches of Christianity don't believe in purgatory.

Dex-chan lover
According to Wiki, there are just shy of 2 mil. Christians in Japan, which is around 1.5 % of population. So not much, and also some churches of Christianity don't believe in purgatory.
I guess you can think of it in a similar manner as to the Olympians, or Asgardians, or even Na… ahem. Point is, they may have an interest in the particular subject, because it seems like cool material for a story.

Dex-chan lover
yandere-anime.gif
iu

Satou's aunt from Happy Sugar Life.

Dex-chan lover
Christmas is also celebrated/observed as a secular holiday too.

Dex-chan lover
she said if they kiss she's the one who's going to die, I highly doubt that, Im sure the one who's gonna die is the guy, cause if they kiss that girl is not gonna let go

Double-page supporter
(everyone keeps thirsting for her so I have to be the counterbalance and thirst for the dude) bro looks so adorable on the second panel wtf

Users who are viewing this thread