Yandere Kanojo combined version?

Double-page supporter
Reposted this from a different subforum at somebody's recommendation.

There's a completed series called Yandere Kanojo that I love (yandere comes from "yankee", as in delinquent, not from the stalker type of yandere; it's a very sweet romcom 4koma). The problem with the series is that it was released in two versions, a magazine version and an online version, and the only way of reading it that makes sense involves alternating back and forth between both versions, which makes it hard to recommend to people. Right now, on mangadex, the two versions are counted as two different series (here and here). There are some other sites that have the chapters combined in the correct reading order (bato.to is one example).

I was wondering if somebody could do the same on mangadex. The translation group that posted them has "anyone can upload" permissions, but I was hoping there would be an easier way to do it than downloading and reuploading every chapter. I also wasn't sure if I was allowed to just combine two versions into one.

Dex-chan lover
You can read either one, they are reasonably freestanding - but sometimes a character will only get a proper introduction in one of the storylines and still be used in the other one with barely a sentence of explanation.

Dex-chan lover
I think the problem is that we don't know the "correct" reading order? Bato.to apparently has an opinion, with all chapters combined into a particular order (I'd read there but I dislike their reader) but they aren't labeled by source so I can't tell what they're recommending. I've seen alternating chapters starting with Online, alternating chapters starting with Magazine, and alternating arcs starting with Online. I'm not sure how to tell when an arc is ended...

Users who are viewing this thread